BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called the 800 # and they said the car is in prod. will be completed Oct 5, 2005. Any chance of me seeing it by end of Oct. New Jersey Port.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks to Ryan. I just found out the my car is at 181 #Waiting for Domestic Dispatch order status.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i called today too and found out that even though my car was completed on the 15th of sept that it was still waiting for final release to the port. my gosh just put it on the boat!
now we are all talking to a VERY well trained customer svc person who sounds really cute and she is doing the best she can with slightly more info than the dealer. we all are anxious and need to be calm....which is the same failed advice i gave my wife during her last month of pregnancy...........OUCH! :M5launch: :M5launch:
our cars will be hear soon and we'll need to worry about important stuff like how are we going to get winter wheel and tire packages before the first snow fall.
max

·
Registered
431 Posts
max berger said:
i called today too and found out that even though my car was completed on the 15th of sept that it was still waiting for final release to the port. my gosh just put it on the boat!
now we are all talking to a VERY well trained customer svc person who sounds really cute and she is doing the best she can with slightly more info than the dealer. we all are anxious and need to be calm....which is the same failed advice i gave my wife during her last month of pregnancy...........OUCH! :M5launch: :M5launch:
our cars will be hear soon and we'll need to worry about important stuff like how are we going to get winter wheel and tire packages before the first snow fall.
max
I will be making sure I don't get any sunblock on my new leather this winter in FLORIDA. Nothing like pulling the sunroof back on a Christmas drive. My car has been sitting at the dock for a week now. Put it on the BOAT!!!!!

FLOYD

·
Registered
147 Posts
STILL AT THE DOCK!!!!! grrrrrrr
WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET ME OVER THE POND!
my dealer suggests that they will hold the cars that come first till enough others get here and distribute them at one time so noone gets upset that someone else got thiers first. apparently dealers take this "who got it first" syndrome seriously too.
anxious but satisfied to be an early recipient..... :byebye:

·
Registered
68 Posts
No problem boys. Mine will be done on the 30th of September...that's what the holdup is :hihi: . They'll roll mine on first, then yours next :hihi: so yours comes off first. I'm willing to allow that to happen :hihi: .

The wait is killing me, but I am really worried about getting into the same loop as Floyd.

·
Registered
431 Posts
M7 said:
No problem boys. Mine will be done on the 30th of September...that's what the holdup is :hihi: . They'll roll mine on first, then yours next :hihi: so yours comes off first. I'm willing to allow that to happen :hihi: .

The wait is killing me, but I am really worried about getting into the same loop as Floyd.
My thougts on the hold up is they didn't care about getting this first batch over here asap. They just wanted everyone's car at the port by OCT 10 to have a coordinated lauch to the VPC and then to the dealer. They didn't want the VPC's to have this car any ealier than anothers in a different region. That is why they held our cars at port.

I also think my production was late a week due to it didn't pass inspection or was waiting for a part, so my date of completion kept changing. I think once this car is on the street, you all with orders will have them 1-2 weeks faster than we did. My car started build date was Aug 23, so 7-8 weeks to my driveway is what is predicted. I think after this first round it will be 5-7 weeks delivery.

floyd

·
Registered
431 Posts
absent said:
Got a call from my dealer to be ready to pick up the car on Oct.15(docks in Charleston on Oct.5)
"Don't belive the hype", I forgot who said that in a song..but anyway.
BMW NA has not released a date, "release date" for the kick off. Your dealer just can't give you a car that he doesn't have yet. They will hold them all at the VPC for a coordinated send off at the VPC to the dealers by Truck Carrier. The soonest someone will have an m5 over someone else will be about 1-2 days. That is just the history of BMW over the past 30 years....Yea, I hope they break the pattern and your right but....don't count on it. Belive me,, I would love to have my car by the 20th as mine is at port by 10th of OCT. But because of the west coast getting theirs at port by the 10th and us getting ours at port by the 10th, I think our deliveries will be holding yours up for an extra 5 days. Mine was build week 36, which didn't mean crap as far as it getting here in my hands. Anyone else have any thoughts? I am just trying to be realistic from the past of BMW NA. Figure delivery on or around the 17-20th of OCT...

m5floyd

·
Registered
249 Posts
max berger said:
max
Max, dont feel so bad. My dealer told me that my car has been in status 155 (55 CDN)since Sept 12th (prod complete) with a status 160 (60 CDN) on Sept 29th... I have 3 days on you... Its actually getting rediculous... I think I've been held up one of the longest out of anyone on this board! It has been in status 55 for exactly 17 days! No word yet of any changes today as of yet either...

·
Registered
147 Posts
launch launch launch........... :1:
they have a marketing system and they stick to it. have you all noticed that when you speak to the customer svc reps at he 800 # they are scary nice? always talking up your M5 and how great it is that your are getting one.....they never have a bad responce just a neutral one or a lateral one.

our cars will be here in our posession very soon and we all will get them within a week of each other...... it really does pay to put a deposit down early and be the first but it is tedious... :rolleyes: hmmm :crying2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts