BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time to sell my M5

I need to sell my M5. I dont want to, but with a new baby, and everything that goes with it, i have too. The misses cannot justify the insurance, repair, bills etc( i can obviously) What should i expect for the car. Its a 92 e34 3.8 avus blue, possibly one of the cleanest ever this age, 160500kms original. i have all papers from day 1, every service, repair, replaced parts(new edc) full service history, the body is nearly immaculate, apart from stone chips. wheels have no kerbs marks(never been near one) its been garaged since i´ve had it. nothing has been modified or changed on it, completely original, ninja stars, etc, half suede grey interior. If anyone is interested in buying they will have to come to sunny spain to get it, but its a nice drive home. Can someone let me know what to expect to sell for, and if anyone wants pics or any info on it, let me know, i can email all info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could someone please tell me what to expect for my M5. E34 Avus blue 3.8, very clean, 165,000kms, full service history, very well looked after, completely original. interior is nearly mint condition.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello david, did you get my email. i am looking for a bit more, but hey ya never know, the misses is on my back.:M5launch:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Hola senor .....I have been extremely busy with Easter family responsibilities such as building snowmen , visiting the shopping outlets and watching Star Wars films ( Thanks Hertfordshire1 ) , so I haven't been into the office to check my emails ........I hope that i haven't offered too much !?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Hello
I combined your two threads then just read through it...slowly.
It's an early 92 car by the look of the elephant ear door mirrors.
Is that the original hood & front grill assembly ?

Pic below shows 3x 3.8's, an LE in front, a narrow grill late 1993 & an 1995
Saloon so you can see the difference.

Cheers
Farrell

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i believe it is the original hood n grill assembly, i dont have any paper work for a replacement( i would if there was, this guy kept reciepts for everything, as have i) yes it is an early e34, jan 1992 to be exact. so is anyone interested in buying? i think first to see it will have it.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Agreed, better than that boy racers one in the middle with m3 mirrors on!!:7:

Essex boy ......i meant the one in the middle with the m3 mirrors on !

Phillygoat .......the bonnet and grill on your car have definitely been changed from the originals ......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
didnt know bout the grills n bonnet being changed, always wondered why mine were wider, just thought it was later model or something. i do like my grills n bonnet though.and yes it probably was on sale in an auto trader last year, i got it off ebay, but im sure it was elsewhere also. i bought it in potters bar from a private dealer, nice bloke, with nice cars.i dont want to sell the car to anyone round this way, couldn´t bear to see it again. im gonna try to keep it as long as the misses will allow. but if i get a good offer i´ll have to take it.:grrrrr:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
things new i´ve had on it. water pump viscous fan, front n rear brakes, tires, battery, all belts, filters, plugs (twice). other than that, my mechanic says she´s a nice car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Phillygoat, it would help if you'd give me an idea of how much do you want for the car. I live in Spain and I'm looking for an M5 to replace mine which is damaged.

Regards,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thank you for the link Davidoli but I don't dare to make a bid before seeing the car. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts