BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course 2 days after my maintenance plan expired the service indicator pops up for brake fluid service.

Anyone know how much this costs? Just trying to figure out if I should bother going to the stealership or and indy mechanic.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think it's mostly labor? My car's under maintenance so I don't know for M5... on my E36 M3, I think it ran around somewhere in the $100 range but I can't be certain. I remember thinking it was cheap enough that I didn't want to bother doing it myself. Might best for you to call around?

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Can you bleed the brake on the M5 like a motorcycle brake? I have done brake fluid flush on my bikes and it was super easy, so I wonder if it is the same for cars.
Yes, of course. It is nothing different from most any other car. Just keep the reservoir topped up and do a traditional bleed all around. Note that you want to make double sure you don't let the reservoir get too low and allow air in top-side. If you do, then you'll need to bleed the ABS unit by actuating its valves (dealer computers have a function to do this, but aftermarket solutions exist too).

·
Registered
735 Posts
my indy would charge a little over $100 for a brake fluid flush on my 550 with DOT4 fluid.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Saw a sign at the dealership in Houston today for $179. Didn't specify a model, but would think it should cover about everything but possibly with Dot 3 fluid. Dot 4 may be more.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Of course 2 days after my maintenance plan expired the service indicator pops up for brake fluid service.

Anyone know how much this costs? Just trying to figure out if I should bother going to the stealership or and indy mechanic.

Thanks
I had mine done 3weeks ago as my last service before my maintanance coverage ended. It would have been $150 here in NY if I had paid for it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just got a quote for $180 from the dealer.

Who is your indy?
This was 3 years ago at motor works west in wyckoff, nj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts