BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

I'm selling the alloys from the 535i on ebay and someone wants shipping weight for wheels alone without tyres.
I have the wheels weight with tyre, but I cannot find the tyre weight!!

How much does a tyre weigh?

I found a site on Google that indicated a typical 235/40/17 tyre at around 25-27lb, which is 11Kg ish. That sounded heavy to me.
Has anyone got a tyre they could stick on a set of scaled for me?

Also, buy my wheels! Ebay item 190210925107. (No direct link as this isn't the For Sale area!)

They're really nice if a tad heavier than the BMW rims, I'm only selling them as moving house and have less storage and can't justify keeping these and the spare set of M-System I rims I already own!

Ta

Ivan

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Can't you find out how much the wheels weighs and subtract that from the total wheel & tyre weight?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't you find out how much the wheels weighs and subtract that from the total wheel & tyre weight?
The wheels are incredibly rare Cromodora Sin's so no chance of manufacturers figures online and I don't have a tyre-demounting machine here!

But thankyou for making me smile!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The wheels are incredibly rare Cromodora Sin's so no chance of manufacturers figures online and I don't have a tyre-demounting machine here!

But thankyou for making me smile!

:thumbsup:
Funny that Ivan...Tony always makes me smile too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..I'll have a look in my shed/ garage and see if I have a 235.40.17 still..back in a minute

I'm back....1 stone 10..which I believe is 24lbs
God the things we do for this board. Ive just gone and rescued the tyre from the bottom of the pile in the shed ,took it through the house (while wife watches in disbelief ) then I tell her its going to be weighed on her new digital bathroom scales..........I am still alive luckily all for you Ivan !!

Reactions: IvanDias

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
11KG sounds about right - I just had to send some 215/45/16 tyres last week (Hankook RS2) and they were 10KG - stiff sidewall and heavy tyre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts