BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am new to this board, and I have a question for all you BMW enthusiasts.

I am looking at this 2007 Dinan S3 M6 Convertible with 18,000 miles that my friend owns.
The upgrades of the car are:

Dinan V-10 High Performance Engine
Dinan High Flow Throttle Bodies
Dinan High Flow Cold Intake System
Dinan Stage 3 High Performance Software
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust System
P1 High Flow Exhaust Headers
Dinan Brembo Front and Rear Brake System
Dinan 19inch Forged Wheels
Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Hood
Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Lip
Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser
ACS Trunk Spoiler
9500ci – and radar blinder

How much do you this car is worth? Also, do you guys think this car would be easy to resale? :dunno:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Options?

Full leather?
HUD?
Comfort Access?
Etc?

One would assume that it is well optioned but that is certainly not a given.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior Options

Hey,
The interior is fully options. It has comfort access, blue tooth, ipod integration kit, head-up display, and merino leather. Also, he added back up camera and illuminated door sills.

He wants it for $85k. Do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would say more around $50K; you can find the same car for around $46K on ebay with a few more miles; without upgrades but as we all know nobody pays for them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would say more around $50K; you can find the same car for around $46K on ebay with a few more miles; without upgrades but as we all know nobody pays for them.
Nobody pays more for a stroker engine? It's a $30,000, 100+ more hp upgrade by itself. The seller would have to be crazy to let go of this car for $50k.

·
Registered
126 Posts
not sure but I think mr ajax found a low mileage m6 for not much then 40k,which sounds about right,so if there are perf mods which to some adds value and to others not....but lets add another 20k in mods to be nice.....that puts us about 60-65k. being no existing problems. I myself being a tech would rather have an unmodded car and perform upgrades myself,getting to know car and knowing exactly what has been done and how. Then again to save money and time,many people buy previously upgraded vehicles but gamble on warranty and work performed. So that all being said,everyone puts different value on things,I have some old cars that are worthless to most but the memories they brings to me are priceless. In these times you would be surprised at what people are willing to let go of their stuff for,offer what you can afford if it is the car for you and good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2007 Dinan S3 M6 Convertible

The car has the stroker. It is 628 bhp and 498 lb torque.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
85 Posts
50k seems awfully low, ubt on the contrary 85k seems extremely high. I would say the car should fetch around $65k to the RIGHT buyer. Someone looking for that exact car, with those exact modifications.

·
Registered
364 Posts
$50K, too low. $85K, too high. $60-70K is in the right range, IMO.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It was a 2008 AW with full black leather and the CF interior. It had every option and had about 5500 miles (3,000 on the stroker) on it. Mint condition. PM me for price details.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
M6SCSMD

Hey,

I am not qualified to PM yet :crying: How can I contact you? I think everybody thinks 85k is too high for the 2007 Black on Black S3 M6 Convertible

·
8,369 Posts
+ 1.

When I shop for a car, I always search for a low mileage, bone stock / unmodified + CPO.

1) Low mileage is always good. When I purchased my 2006 M6, it had 7,000 miles in pristine condition.

2) Unmodified. Just like autodoc said, I like to do my own mods and upgrades myself so I get to know the care more and know exactly what's been done to it.

3) Go for a CPO. M cars are very expensive to acquire and maintain. with CPO, you are protected 6 years or 100K miles.
My 2006 is a CPO car.

With the economy still in caput, you should be able to find a great deal on a pre-owned CPO M6.

Good luck!

not sure but I think mr ajax found a low mileage m6 for not much then 40k,which sounds about right,so if there are perf mods which to some adds value and to others not....but lets add another 20k in mods to be nice.....that puts us about 60-65k. being no existing problems. I myself being a tech would rather have an unmodded car and perform upgrades myself,getting to know car and knowing exactly what has been done and how. Then again to save money and time,many people buy previously upgraded vehicles but gamble on warranty and work performed. So that all being said,everyone puts different value on things,I have some old cars that are worthless to most but the memories they brings to me are priceless. In these times you would be surprised at what people are willing to let go of their stuff for,offer what you can afford if it is the car for you and good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

After reading all the feedbacks from this forum, I can see that everybody thinks the car I am looking at is overpriced. My friend put over 100k of upgrades onto the 2007 M6 Convertible. I have the paperworks with me, so I know that he's not exaggerating. I thought 85k would be a fair price, considering all the options and upgrades the car has.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Also, I thought Dinan S3 M6 Convertible would be a very rare commodity on the market. I checked on eBay and autotrader, and there is not one Dinan S3 M6 Convertible for sale. I just want to know if 85k is really that overpriced???

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Lets face it, there will not be too many $200,000 M6's around in the world! So I think it is actually worth the price for the amount of work and quality parts that have been put in the car! However, You have to consider a few things:
1. Do you care for the upgrades? If yes, then I think the price is not bad, considering an approximate over $100,000 depreciation hit the first owner is taking.
If no, obviously it's too much car to begin with.
2. This is also depending on what you want to buy the car for! As a weekend or track car for hobby? If the answer to number 1 was "Yes", then yes. It is worth it. If the answer to number 1 was no, then a obviously no!
if you want it for everyday driving, i would say too modified for that purpose, it's a risky move. And at this point it depends on how bad you want this particular beast or I should say demon!
3. When dealing with that kind of heavy modifications, you really have to be careful about whiter the car was abused or not! It all depends on the seller. In your case you have a pretty good knowledge on who drove the car and how much pressure was put on that vehicle! And if the previous owner was trustworthy, then number 3 can be scratched off!
After all, if I was in the market for an M6, and money was not an issue, I would have gone for it! Let's face it, I can't even describe how fast and powerful and awesome that car is.... Good luck man! Keep us posted on what you are buying! We want to see some pictures and videos soon!
By the way, resale? Very iffy! You might find someone who is looking for decked out S3 M6, and they pay all the money and buy it from you quickly, or you might get stocked for a while. Don't even consider trading to a dealer! You will be aching even if you think about trading it! Very difficult call! If you want it bad enough, just enjoy it and prepare for a big hit when you get tired of it! Alway think about the hit that first owner took, yours will never be that bad...that should make you feel better if you ever struggle selling it!

·
8,369 Posts
I agree with V10PWR.

1) Remember always what establishes value / worth / price of something:
It is what a willing buyer is willing to pay a willing seller.

If you really want the car and it is everything you ever wanted and you have the money to buy it - then go for it.

With that much power - and possibly one of the best BMW tuner out there mods are added already to the beast - we are sure you are going to like it.

2) With regards to Mods, always remember people dont buy it or add it to their cars as an investment as we never get our money back for it.

When I had my E39 M5, I have over $20K worth of upgrades installed.
When I sold it - I got nothing out of the mods. I just sold it with the car.

Oh well, I enjoyed the hell out of it though the 2 years I owned it.

Good luck to you.

Remember that the decision is ultimately yours as it is / would be your car not ours.
And as long as we are happy with our own property - that is all that matters.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts