BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<o:p></o:p>

I am not sure if this is a disease or????!!!! Not even sure what to call it, but I know I am not the only crazy guy who loves his car with passion! So I decided to post this new thread and try to get to know some other folks like me or even with more critical symptoms. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I have to admit, I love my car. My car is not the queen of my garage! I love driving it everywhere I go. I am looking for excuses to take it for even the shortest drive. I park it in a shade far from other cars to protect it from sun and getting dings and dents on the body. I trust nobody to work on it or drive it! I always park it on the exact and I mean exact spot in my garage, and at my work! When I go somewhere, I closely analyze the area to make sure where I want to park it, and predict how other vehicles might be parking close to my ride! I make sure there are no threats around it! I always keep the interior and the exterior clean, so I get many carwashes. Hand Wash only! I move the car when the car needs to be moved to a different area to be dried at the carwash. I change the oil every 5,000 miles. My car is always in my sight! I hate speed bumps, and I completely stop when I have to go over them. Man, there are so many different behaviors I have when it comes down to my car, and I can’t even count them. In some cases, I don’t even know I am doing it, and it is completely habitual! How do I explain that to people who can’t understand? I just want to take really good care of the Beast! I am proud of it! I guess it’s a Guy thing! (I was the same way with my E46 M3 Convertible)<o:p></o:p>
So, please pitch in…tell everyone how much you love your ride! <o:p></o:p>
The love between the Man and the Machine!! I think it deserves a new word.
Please share your stories and pictures you might have.<o:p></o:p>
I have a pretty good sense of humor, so just hit me if you think I have lost it! I can handle it! Or I should say I am used to it!<o:p></o:p>

And I love looking at my car when its parked!

·
Registered
87 Posts
this is realy a drivers car, I think I will keep mine until I die.

Reactions: V10PWR

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Matt, I'm the same way, hate door dings, hate scuff marks on the door sill. I don't let my wife or kids in my car as they do not appreciate it. No food or drinks in the car. I can't even stand to hook up my ipod as I don't have the factory connection so have to use the jack in the rear of the car and I can't stand to have a wire hanging around. Don't put anything in the trunk as I don't want to get the trunk dirty. When I wash the car, I clean all the door jams, under the hood and trunk, inside the wheels and wheel wells, etc. Even though mine is a 2006, it looks better than many new cars. Most of the time, if I go out with co-workers, I ask them to drive as I don't want to go somewhere where I have to park next to someone. I have an assigned parking space at work with no cars next to me.

It is a disease, a disease shared amongst us enthusiasts. The wife thinks I'm nuts, my friends think I'm nuts They say it's just a car. No it's not. It's my baby. I miss it when I'm travelling. I miss looking at it, driving it, washing it, everything.

Love the car, hate the dealership and the poor service and couldn't care less service advisors. Only wish that I was mechanical so I can do it myself but I'm not!! Maybe I should take some time off work and attend one of those auto mechanic schools. Damn I'm rambling.

Love my car.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I will probably be buried in mine when I expire. Had it for 6 months now and still can't believe I own a M5. I park it and almost get run over due to constantly looking back at it and not paying attention in the street.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I once started washing my Beast and about 5 min into it realized I had forgotten to take off my wedding band. Fortunately no physical contact was made, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy bathing her because of the guilt and shame I felt. How could I be so stoopid and irresponsible? I cussed myself for days. But that feeling stopped when I found an excuse to go for a ride.

On a more positive note, I am considering putting a window in the door that enters the garage from the kitchen. That way I can view her and experience M-Elation while having meals with my understanding wife. Permagrin, anyone?:hihi:

@V10PWR: it's not a disease my friend, for it is a blessing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't understand this thread, all appears to be normal behavior! :M5rev::cheers:

·
Registered
323 Posts
my wife thinks i'm stupid with my car park rituals. I've now resorted to scoping out an unfamiliar area on google maps before i leave ome, to see if there are decent spots to park my car. If not, the m6 stays in the garage!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
when I go to a mall or a restaurant or a concert or any place that has a valet parking, I valet park, I park it, and keep the key. I alway pay to park it in a front spot to make sure the car is being watched. And when I am leaving, I walk around it to make sure nobody hit my car, or put a ding on it! Most valet parking guys hate me!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hell I drive mine pretty damn hard! Plenty of stones chips and dings from the track day! Change oil... well it drinks a litre every 1000miles anyway so it's ALWAYS changed! Now more than 100,000miles on it, it's driven the same as when I got it with with 18k! I love it every bit as much but not ONCE have I worried about teh interior or exterior over the pure adrenline rush of driving it fast and hard or worried about a efw stone chips thrown up at the track! Oh and she has a name :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
thank's to this thread my wife understand, and realize that I am not the onlyone the act this way..... THANK'S GUYS!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank's to this thread and all of you I understand and realize that I am normal guy as you. Coz sometimes I thought that I am caring much of my beast and it's out of normal behaviour.
This is how we do it.
This is how we love it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Matt, I'm the same way, hate door dings, hate scuff marks on the door sill. I don't let my wife or kids in my car as they do not appreciate it. No food or drinks in the car. I can't even stand to hook up my ipod as I don't have the factory connection so have to use the jack in the rear of the car and I can't stand to have a wire hanging around. Don't put anything in the trunk as I don't want to get the trunk dirty. When I wash the car, I clean all the door jams, under the hood and trunk, inside the wheels and wheel wells, etc. Even though mine is a 2006, it looks better than many new cars. Most of the time, if I go out with co-workers, I ask them to drive as I don't want to go somewhere where I have to park next to someone. I have an assigned parking space at work with no cars next to me.

It is a disease, a disease shared amongst us enthusiasts. The wife thinks I'm nuts, my friends think I'm nuts They say it's just a car. No it's not. It's my baby. I miss it when I'm travelling. I miss looking at it, driving it, washing it, everything.

Love the car, hate the dealership and the poor service and couldn't care less service advisors. Only wish that I was mechanical so I can do it myself but I'm not!! Maybe I should take some time off work and attend one of those auto mechanic schools. Damn I'm rambling.

Love my car.
Hey Pistolero.... Where do you get your service? I use the Midtown dealership and i always get good service or i get it resolved.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
My M5 is a part of me like my own arms and legs, it's a bond that goes to the bone!

For example, I was considering changing companies and the new firm did not have garage parking.

Guess what, I stayed at my current company with my garage covered wide parking spot with no one near me.

My M5 love is deep.

True dat.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
V10PWR,

Believe me, if these are the types of behaviors you are expericing, you will feel right at home on M5board!!!!!! All of what you described is normal to me. M5board members are people who are passionate about their cars, and keep them in great condition, but also do not miss a chance to take a drive and put some miles on them.

Just out of curiousity, what color combo was your former E46 M3. Was it 6MT?

afc1

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hey Pistolero.... Where do you get your service? I use the Midtown dealership and i always get good service or i get it resolved.
I get mine at Momentum SW but the service is terrible. I've bought a M5 and a Land Rover from them in the past 12 months and they treat me like dirt. Last time I went in, I needed some oil, that was it, I waited about 30 minutes, they gave me back the car and I asked if it was all done, and they said yes. When I got in the car, the oil level was still low, so I asked what they did. They looked at the ticket and said they weren't sure. So I said then how do you know its done? I filed a complaint and got a call and apology from the manager.

Recently, I have a service light for brake fluid change and I asked for an appointment and requested them to do the oil services as well as computer shows 2000 miles till next service. They told me to wait as they are real busy. I said I want to go ahead before the warning comes on but they told me its not necessary. I also wanted a loaner car but they also said no as loaners are only available if the service is greater than 4 hours. When I asked them how long it will take, they said not sure but if I wait more than 4 hours, they will "try" to arrange for a loaner. This has got to be the worst service department in the world (next to autobahn in Fort Worth who wrecks customer cars).

When I had a mercedes, it didn't matter what I was going in for, no problem getting an appointment or a loaner car. The car is always washed and spotless when I get it back.

Love the car, hate the service. I think I'll try Momentum West instead.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts