BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the price for discs and pads? I think mine need replacing.... :crying:

all the best
adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are expensive but i think they are the best for the B8, special car, special prices.

all the best
adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Adam said:
These are expensive but i think they are the best for the B8, special car, special prices.

all the best
adam
Well-The Schnitzer Brakes with 334 mm diameter are much better-sorry for that. But thea are even more expensive at 3000 Euro with calipers. With these brakes there is definitely no fading and no rubbing anymore...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
Hello Adam,

I've just done the brakes on my Bi-Turbo and yes, Alpina love thier prices - the discs for the front alone were 292 Euros each and pads were another couple of hundred on top.... Went a different route and bought the Brembo calipers, discs and pads for 850CSi but that's another story.. The point is though that I got them from BMW in this country for £730 all in which as a one off pain, will solve (I hope) the long term solution as replacement discs and pads from now on will only be £120 or so.. Food for thought however.

Good luck and loved the Yellowbird on the tele.

Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
alpinab846 said:
Well-The Schnitzer Brakes with 334 mm diameter are much better-sorry for that. But thea are even more expensive at 3000 Euro with calipers. With these brakes there is definitely no fading and no rubbing anymore...
I can confirm that - I've got them installed :1: I just had another practical test last week with 300 on the clock on the Autobahn hitting a section with a 120 km/h speed limit and two more people in the car. You wouldn't belief how much better breaks can be and how quickly you can get the car to 120. The old breaks would've been ready for replacement especially since we had a similar situation some 5 minutes earlier from 280 to 120.

Cheers, Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaveW said:
Hello Adam,

I've just done the brakes on my Bi-Turbo and yes, Alpina love thier prices - the discs for the front alone were 292 Euros each and pads were another couple of hundred on top.... Went a different route and bought the Brembo calipers, discs and pads for 850CSi but that's another story.. The point is though that I got them from BMW in this country for £730 all in which as a one off pain, will solve (I hope) the long term solution as replacement discs and pads from now on will only be £120 or so.. Food for thought however.

Good luck and loved the Yellowbird on the tele.

Dave.

Cheers Dave, :cheers:

all the best
adam
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top