BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

2081 - 2100 of 2129 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Count me out, just sold mine.

Like every other vehicle I have sold in the past 7 years, I know I will regret it...

Edit: Have been selling my cars for the past 22yrs, but only regret the ones sold in the past 7. (650i, 335i, Hummer H1, S2000, LX450....I wish I had all of those and the M5 back in the fleet)

·
Registered
5,760 Posts

Like every other vehicle I have sold in the past 7 years, I know I will regret it...

Edit: Have been selling my cars for the past 22yrs, but only regret the ones sold in the past 7. (650i, 335i, Hummer H1, S2000, LX450....I wish I had all of those and the M5 back in the fleet)
You sold your 80? Never selling my FZJ80!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought a 100 if that counts....I know it doesn’t count....man that 80 was a triple-locked beast....so much regret...

You sold your 80? Never selling my FZJ80!

·
Registered
102 Posts
picture is not showing up? Any reason you decided to go with 2008 instead of 2009+ ?
Not sure why the picture didn't work. I've added it to my album on my profile, so hopefully, that works. The 2008 that showed up was in my area, in great shape (mechanically/cosmetically), and had only 42k miles. Would I have liked to have the updated iDrive controller...sure, but that wasn't a deal breaker since this was a late model year build date anyways.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure why the picture didn't work. I've added it to my album on my profile, so hopefully, that works. The 2008 that showed up was in my area, in great shape (mechanically/cosmetically), and had only 42k miles. Would I have liked to have the updated iDrive controller...sure, but that wasn't a deal breaker since this was a late model year build date anyways.
Any plans on doing rod bearings on it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honestly probably not. Car was enthusiast owned for the past 7 years, really well maintained, and nothing to note on the PPI. I'll submit an oil sample to Blackstone when I do an oil change soon. Unless something causes concern, I don't plan on doing the rod bearing yet. I also have a warranty for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Honestly probably not. Car was enthusiast owned for the past 7 years, really well maintained, and nothing to note on the PPI. I'll submit an oil sample to Blackstone when I do an oil change soon. Unless something causes concern, I don't plan on doing the rod bearing yet. I also have a warranty for the next 3 years.
And they were cool about you bringing in your own bearings? Which ones did you get?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure you meant to quote my previous post, but I am not replacing the rod bearings at this time.
I noticed you are in D.C area and so do I. Can you Private Message me how much you bought it for? I am trying to find out the market value of similar car but KBB and Nadaguide are giving two different numbers
Thanks

2081 - 2100 of 2129 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
1.3K Participants
andresousa1791
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing