BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all these posts. All these opinions. All these comments. There just aren't that many cars. How many of the people that post hear actually own a 2000 M5?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm an owner. Took delivery in January after placing my order two years ago.

ALX

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got mine Jan 4th. Silverstone metallic / silverstone-black all leather interior. Oh yea.... I've put 5000 miles on it so far.

-Wolf359

·
Registered
10 Posts
took delivery after 1 and 1/2 yr deposit december 18th of a jet black sportive blk/blk interior alcantera headlinder aluminum trim m5 6300miles and eating up a lot of oil but WHO cares ill keep it till around 35 40k sell it and get a new one whoo hoo just did DINAN upgrade and loving every tenth of mile i drive it!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Haven't actually taken delivery yet, but had substantial deposit down since October '99. I got the call this week that it is being built and should be here mid May. Titanium silver, with silverstone sport interior. PDC, fold down seats, sunshades, and the alcantra headliner as well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
How many M5s do you think have been delivered? I'm sure I saw something like 1400 into US alone so how do you stand by your statement of there not being enough owners?

Carbon Black/Black since 1st March 2000

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm an owner. Got "on the list" in September '99. Final selections 12'99. Took delivery in March.
Avus Blue metallic exterior
All Black all leather exlusive w/ bruyere blub wood trim interior.
~2400 trouble-free miles!

Enjoy,
-Steve

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
hehe... I own a 1999 M5... does that count? =)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
There definitely are a lot of cars out there. Through March 31 1,489 have been delivered to US customers. (worldwide it's a bigger number) Obviously whatever the total number of M5'ers there are this board, it will be a tiny fraction of the total.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't own one but how many posters owned cars 12 months ago when the M5 board was inundated with E39 M5 posts?

Please don't have the attitude that anyone that doesn't own an E39 has no right to post here. Messageboards can become rather dull when that happens. Go check out the TT board at Audiworld. Uggh!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just Curious. Didn't want to anger anyone. Just really wanted to know. Wow! I live in San Francisco and haven't seen but five or so. Anyone post here?

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
a lot of people on this board are prospective M5 buyers and want to find out more about the car before they buy one. These messageboards are probably the most informative place to get information that the dealer won't tell you.. =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Owner 00' E39 M5 Titanium Silver with black exlusive. Put deposit down in Jan 99, took deleivery in MArch 2000. 3200 awesome miles with moderate oil consumption.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes, many are future owners also. Put my deposit down Apr. '99 and I pick up the car this Saturday (!)

It's great knowing the "issues" before taking ownership. That way I don't unknowingly get screwed by dealer or BMW NA.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Saw a new one with no plates yet at Coamerica Bank in San Jose, CA yesterday--silver. Is the owner of that car lurking here?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I got mine March 16. 1500 miles now and only 1 quart of oil used so far. I love it. Definitley better that my '97 540 6spd.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts