BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a bit curious to see what the majority of the board members are using to view the very board this message resides on.

I've been using Firefox ever since it was called Phoenix and I'm proud to see that Mozilla has almost 20% of the browser market.

If you haven't tried it or haven't even heard of it check it out at: Mozilla.org. It's by far the best browser on the net IMHO.

:noSMG: Pierce!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Been running Mozilla Firefox for a few months now. I still need to have IE as Firefox and certain websites dont mix. I have had not one popup since I installed it, and it doesnt do the "security crash" crap that IE used to do on my comp. Good program, and I would recomend it to anyone, even people I dont care for. :1:
:cheers:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AnthonySoete said:
I think Apple Safari is also logged as a Mozilla browser.
From what I've heard, Safari is based off of KHTML from Konqueror. The Mozilla family (Mozilla, Firefox, Camino) all use the Gecko engine. W3Cschools also states that browsers with less than 0.5% are not listed, which would make sense since Macs only make up 3% of the platforms.

Safari is a much better browser then IE, but I personally think it still falls behind Firefox as far as browsers go.

/does not work for Mozilla, but loves web standards and customization

- Pierce!

·
Registered
111 Posts
AndyE said:
I use Firefox. 1.7.5 at the moment. It's quite a bit faster than IE in my experience.
Are you sure about that? Firefox is only version 1.0!

I've used Firefox since version 0.7 and I wouldn't go back to IE if you paid me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Use IE and Firefox about 50/50. Pages do load faster with Firefox though. Firefox is the ultimate pop up blocker!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
WylM5 said:
Use IE and Firefox about 50/50. Pages do load faster with Firefox though. Firefox is the ultimate pop up blocker!
thats true.. much faster and pop ups never bother after firefox.. which is to say that internet surfing is fun again..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts