BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a silly question but it's a good question to ask.

This question is also related to another thread.

So:

How many of you folks love your beasts?

Are you happy with your beasts?

Has it ever disappointed you? How?

Are you worried about the repair costs?

How reliable has your beast been?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Love?

Hmmm, I think some significant others would say "obsessed!" (justifiably of course!)

How many of you folks love your beasts? +1

Are you happy with your beasts? +1

Has it ever disappointed you? How?

Yes, when I've been away on trips and cant wait to let her loose upon arriving back home :haha2:

Are you worried about the repair costs?

I save where I can, find the best deals where I can. Repair is just that- I don't hear anyone complaining about cost when you have to take a loved one in for surgery:eek:

How reliable has your beast been?

No where near as bad as forums can make her out to be! Knock on wood of course.

Here are my questions!!

For those of you who have garages, which door brings on the bigger smile,

Door #1- That leads in/out to the house.
Such as when you put your shoes on and head into the garage and see your beast.

Door #2- The garage door.

Such as when you are pulling up perhaps in another car and you see your beast, just sitting there waiting for her next outing with you?

·
10,456 Posts
physically, no, never have. :hihihi:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say that I love it enough to spend $3700 to put in a dinan rear diff...ouch.....repairs are just a chance to put on mods and such. Its a great car...

·
10,456 Posts
OK, so here's what prompted me to start this new thread.

See post 34 from a fellow member.

I think he has a valid point.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1248749#post1248749

ok, well i wouldn't let what i read on the internet cause me to sell my car. It has been a phenominal car. I have not had a car keep my interest for 5+ years for a very long time! I still don't know what i'd replace it with. It's my daily driver, and has never let me down. I'd really like an e34 m5 touring, there are several in the US for sale, but i just dont think i would part with my e39 for it.
All cars require care and upkeep, and i wouldn't trade the experience of having the M5 at my disposal every day to save a few grand each year (if it came to that)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
ok, well i wouldn't let what i read on the internet cause me to sell my car. It has been a phenominal car. I have not had a car keep my interest for 5+ years for a very long time!

All cars require care and upkeep, and i wouldn't trade the experience of having the M5 at my disposal every day to save a few grand each year (if it came to that)
+1

·
Registered
255 Posts
Stone///M5 brings up a good point. It is so easy to point out the negative things when they do happen. (that goes for day-to-day life as well) However, our cars are no doubt are expensive to repair compared to the average car, but we all own an M5 because of our affinity to be different than average.
<O:p</O:p
I do love my M5 and BMW's in general. In my 2+ years of ownership I'm always thrilled when get up in the morning and get to drive her to work. Sure, my wife gets upset when I spend too much time in the garage tinkering with her or surfing this forum for the most recent posts. Let's face it, the M5 was built to bring out the best in every owner. To me she's like a good cup of coffee. Strong, full bodied and hard to give up!<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
317 Posts
Stone///M5 brings up a good point. It is so easy to point out the negative things when they do happen. (that goes for day-to-day life as well) However, our cars are no doubt are expensive to repair compared to the average car, but we all own an M5 because of our affinity to be different than average.
<o>:p</o>:p
I do love my M5 and BMW's in general. In my 2+ years of ownership I'm always thrilled when get up in the morning and get to drive her to work. Sure, my wife gets upset when I spend too much time in the garage tinkering with her or surfing this forum for the most recent posts. Let's face it, the M5 was built to bring out the best in every owner. To me she's like a good cup of coffee. Strong, full bodied and hard to give up!<o>:p></o>:p>
cherrsagai

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Thanks Dan for this thread...something different:cheers:

To answer your question if i love my M5 ( i think everybody here in SoCal knows that with all the stuff done and will be done to her I could have bought something else but nope i will stick with her for the longest) I had my share of headaches and pains with her but that's how relationships are and they get better with age...I haven't driven her for a month now ...and i am missing her so much that i visit her almost everyday and just making sure she get's to sleep inside but i know when she comes out that she will be perky and a site to be seen (crossing my fingers)...some might say oh it's old and I say yes it is but it's like wine it just get's better as it age...and pls don't get me wrong i love all cars and i had a fair share of driving different cars including a few exotics (no i don't own them, but the boss let's me have my way with them:hihi:) but it does not rub me like the way LoLa does or even wish i will own one someday...i don't know why I love her but for some reason I doouich JMHO:thumbsup:

btw here are some shot's of her when i visited her at http://candccollision.com/ it almost made throw up when i saw her today:crying2:...but seeing the hood made me feel better..:1:.

I call this...
LoLa got raped:haha:

The Vorsteiner full CF hood with powerdome...

·
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very well said Chris.

And nice new hood!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dan for this thread...something different:cheers:

To answer your question if i love my M5 ( i think everybody here in SoCal knows that with all the stuff done and will be done to her I could have bought something else but nope i will stick with her for the longest) I had my share of headaches and pains with her but that's how relationships are and they get better with age...I haven't driven her for a month now ...and i am missing her so much that i visit her almost everyday and just making sure she get's to sleep inside but i know when she comes out that she will be perky and a site to be seen (crossing my fingers)...some might say oh it's old and I say yes it is but it's like wine it just get's better as it age...and pls don't get me wrong i love all cars and i had a fair share of driving different cars including a few exotics (no i don't own them, but the boss let's me have my way with them:hihi:) but it does not rub me like the way LoLa does or even wish i will own one someday...i don't know why I love her but for some reason I doouich JMHO:thumbsup:

btw here are some shot's of her when i visited her at http://candccollision.com/ it almost made throw up when i saw her today:crying2:...but seeing the hood made me feel better..:1:.

I call this...
LoLa got raped:haha:

The Vorsteiner full CF hood with powerdome...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd never say this about a girl I've dated for less than a week, but I confidently love the E39. I guess it's always been a childhood dream of mine anyway, but the car has been absolutely stunning in every way so far.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am looking forward to see your car, Chris. :)

Reactions: Laidback

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
David looking forward on seeing you and your beast and I already put note on my dash on not to tail on ghostryder, aw/iro2smg and Roadwarrior687 as this guys are what you call hot cars:hihi::hihi::hihi:
I am looking forward to see your car, Chris. :)

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
i caught myself singing plain white t's delilah to my beast while applying some lexol to the dash.

-oh, its what you do to me....

·
Registered
4,406 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts