BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2013 M6

CRATEMAN posted this info and photo over in the E63/E64 M6 forum (but it really belongs here :cool:):

New One Off wheels by Vellano
22x9.5 in the front
22x12 in the back

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok so here is an early prepreparation pic. Enjoy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352434476.841755.jpg

·
Registered
270 Posts
New M6

Mark, you are usually very observant but somehow you missed the color? I took a chapter out of the Mark Carson book and forked over the $5000 for a BMW Individual paint color, in fact the only one in the country so far. It is BMW Individual Brilliant White Metallic with the full Sakhir Merino interior. It has every option except the ceramic brakes (which BMW removed from the order) and the heated and cooled seats which I don't care for due to the perforations in the leather. I have ordered the Akrapovic exhaust but wow, the sticker shock on that one. Also IND send me some parts that will get installed along with the LI system. Will post updates. Thanks for the compliments, no plan on changing the wheels or any major suspension parts other than maybe some Dinan accessories if they ever come out. Also ordered the M-Performance pedals as well.

Noushy

·
Registered
270 Posts
Additional pic

Sorry I have not had a chance to take additional pictures Mark but here are a few quick ones off the iPhone.

Noushy

Attachments

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great. In my initial comment I was about to say it looked like Moonstone but whiter. So I blindly guessed AW. I have only seen a painted sample of Brilliant White at the M Sudio in Garching, but I have seen Moonstone painted on a couple of cars so I know it is not as white as BW.

I think it is great that you were able to order BW on such an early delivery M6. From what I saw, it is REALLY a BRIGHT white and has very fine monochromatic metal flakes in the paint. Is that your impression also? Quite a departure from your previous Carbon Black beauty.

PHOTOS...PHOTOS...PHOTOS...PHOTOS...PHOTOS...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Interior and exhaust

Mark here are a few more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Exhaust

Akrapovic Evo

Attachments

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Great - now we need an video (only so we get the audio) of that exhaust!!! Moving of course, no blips standing still will do for the concert of that set of pipes!

My recommendation is a digital voice recorder taped (blue painter tape works well) near the exhaust but out of the wind noise. Then video the car driving (same car or from a chase car) and sync the audio and video up to make the finished video. Dan (whatheheck) and I have each done this and it's a bit more work but turns out great.

But enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday my friend! The video can wait until Sunday if need be, ha ha ha.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Video

Mark,
You and many others want a video clip which I will try and film this weekend. For now, posted a short audio clip under the Akra exhaust thread that was taken when they installed the system at the dealership on Monday.

Noushy

·
Registered
718 Posts
Scarafin, Beautiful ride! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Colors

Not sure of the interior on the 2014 Alpina white above. Mine is Brilliant White Metallic, Individual color, and Sakhir Full Merino interior. I think white or any of the lighter colors really show the angles of the car. Not sure if I am going to stick with light colors but for now very pleased. Again very nice photos posted above. Great lighting.

Noushy

1 - 20 of 53 Posts