BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 1081 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
TOOK DELIVERY TODAY

Saw the Silverstone and fell in love. Thot about waiting but decided that if I did, I would change my order to Silverstone.

FANTASTIC CAR. Wife likes it MUCH more than she liked the M3 which she found cramped and rough.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
psybj said:
EXPECT things to go bad because they will. This ain't a Jap car, things will break. It's one of the prices we pay for these incredible machines.
Just thank your lucky stars it isn't an Aston Martin. Things do go wrong from time to time, but as supercars go the cars they're reliable and if you have a dealer with a decent service department ownership shouldn't be at all painful.

Tim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alpine White M6

Picked mine up May 18th at Autowest in Richmond.
Absolutely thrilled!!
I wasn't too sure how Alpine White would look, but I love it.
As I drove around the first day, I had two people call out "Cool Car!", had to let it pose for several pictures from others, and had lots of other drivers ogling.
The people at Autowest were almost as thrilled as I was and that really added to the experience.
Have some great pics, but they will have to wait until I figure out how to post them here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bill D. said:
Picked mine up May 18th at Autowest in Richmond.
Absolutely thrilled!!
I wasn't too sure how Alpine White would look, but I love it.........
Snap!!! - Great choice - it comes across as an understated "Brute".
Enjoy!!!!

:cheers: :7: lovelove :thumbsup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Performance Center Delivery May 24th & 25th. In the Garage May 26th after a 950 mile, 13 hour ride home. I'll post a review of the PC delivery later, it was absolutely awesome.

Indy Red w/Black, HUD, Comfort Access and CF trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Gustav,
Thanks for the offer of help with my pics, but I was able to upload them myself.
They are in the Alpine White thread.
Bill D.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Gustav said:
Nice picture, looks like two happy guys!

Congrats!

Best regadrs Gustav
Definitely two happy guys. The guy on the right is my BMW client advisor. I took him with me for the delivery. We had a blast.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have seen some pics of "extended leather" in m5 cars..the contrast looks quite nice in some color combinations.
Any m6 owners elect to buy "extended" opposed to "full leather" for the contrast ..If so would you pls post some pics?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I should take delivery of my M6 in July or early august. It is supposed to be built in early part of June. It will be Interlagos Blue, Silverstone w/all options available.

Can anyone advise if the launch control is or is not making it into the u.s. edition ? for that matter, what is know to be not making it's way to the u.s. version.

i will be 2nd in New Orleans to have the M6, after the owner of the dealership. i put deposit down in sept of 2004.

·
Registered
270 Posts
AFAIK

My M6 is too new to use launch but I understand it has a watered down version, not the european version which is more aggressive.

My old M3 also had a watered down version, for the states, which did just fine.

I made deposit in 1/02, got it 3 weeks ago and am LOVING it. Haven't been able to puit the 1200 mi on it yet to give it real exercize. By the time it has 1200 mi I might be broke on gas.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have searched without results for pics of a Silverstone M6 with Red interior.If you know of any pics ...pls show me the way!

·
Registered
52 Posts
OK, I know we're supposed to wait till delivery to post... But I can't help share my enthusiasm: my Sepang/Sepang M6 is on the boat as I write. Should be taking delivery around the end of the month. Or perhaps early July, as I'm moving from NY to NM and may need to fly out to NM for a day to get a driver's license--to avoid paying NY sales tax (8.75% NY, 3% NM!!!).
Sepang/Sepang extended, HUD, Carbon trim, sat radio, comfort.
Planning to drive it to NM, with a stopoff for 1200mi service already set--never did that for a car I didn't already have!

81 - 100 of 1081 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
381 Participants
Siim Pallav
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing