BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've had my E39 M5 for a few years. It's an 03, Carbon Black and I am the second owner. The first was from The Woodlands who traded it on an F-350 after he supposedly kicked it out of the garage when he bought a Porsche 911.

I am not very active anymore, but I am around from time to time. My car is easy to spot, it is a garage queen but somehow always dirty with personalized plates.

·
Registered
914 Posts
There is a hand wash place right up on San Felipe and Sage , I believe. Not sure of a self wash. Don't live in the area. I work a extra job off of San Felipe and see the hand wash on the way home. I'm sure if you look area there is something close. Welcome!
Thank you!
I believe that is the Uptown car spa? Drove by that ones and have heard from some people in the building that use it. Some are happy - some are not.
Turns out the only do it yourself wash is down in the southwest area of town. Thought about going there Tuesday night - asked the doorman to be sure and he recommended against it - not the best part of town. At all. As in "I would not go there after dark - too many robberies and shootings. And you are a tall white guy from up north with Mass plates....."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just picked up a 2001 Carbon Black/Silverstone M5 a couple of weeks ago so now I'm officially part of the club.
I live up in Tomball/Vintage Park area off of 249 and I need help locating a good shop in my part of town for things that I can't do myself on the car such as an alignment or the occasional fluid swap, can anyone recommend a good shop? (Bonus points if they have experience working on E30's too) So far I've found "Car Techniks" and "ABR Houston" in this neck of the woods but I can't seem to find anyone who has had any experiences with those shops.

Also, is anyone going to the BMWCCA Coffee meet tomorrow, April 11th, at the Cedar Creek Bar & Grill?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm in the heights, with a 2003 M5, Carbon Black on Black Luxury package, and a bunch of Dinan goodies. I'd be happy to meet up with you. I'm considering selling my M5 because I don't get to drive it much anymore, though, so hurry!

·
Registered
431 Posts
So is that a solid No on recommendations for E39 experienced mechanic shops in Houston?...:|
I cannot recommend Alex Noll at ABR enough.

https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor

He is a mad genious when it comes to BMW...he was the lead technician at Advantage BMW for years, same up at BMW North, and now he owns his own very successful shop. He has worked wonders for my M5 and I see E39's in and out of there all the time. Give him a ring and tell him Andrew sent you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts