BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to see if there are any E39 M5 guys on the Fourm out there in the Houston, Texas area...Looking to possibley meet up and/share some M5 knowledge...respond or Email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've met quite a few. Always good to know more around town!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to meet you...Do you go to any local meets or any local car club around? thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
well I see those guys sometimes when we go to Coffee and Cars at Vintage Park. Haven't been in a long while but we need to organize. If you want to meet other M car people Houston M club is good although I was probably the only E39 M5 guy with them. It's mostly M3 peeps though. If you ever wanna get together just let me know and I'll ping the other e39 m5 guys I know. [email protected]

cheers,
Joey

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be cool...I am out of service for next two weeks, I went ahead and sent off my cluster to have the pixels fixed..but when I get it back together I would definitely like to get together....Vintage park is about 20 min. from me...Cars and Coffee would work or some other venue...thanks again.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
2 at my house in DFW.

1 dead s62.

1 replacement s62.

:M5launch:

·
Registered
24 Posts
NW Houston/Tomball

Would love to meet up, hang out, drive, etc.
Didn't do C&C today, but did meet up a bunch of guys today for a drive that was AWESOME from Spring Cypress/290 that took us to Prairie View and then backroads that were amazing from there...mostly F10 M5, M6/Gran Coupe, etc...I was the only e39 M5, but fun nonetheless..
I can post some upcoming events when I get more info, but it would include lots of other BMW types. Would love to meet others w e39 M5s around town tho!

[email protected]

hope to talk to some of you guys soon! dp

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would love to meet up, hang out, drive, etc.
Didn't do C&C today, but did meet up a bunch of guys today for a drive that was AWESOME from Spring Cypress/290 that took us to Prairie View and then backroads that were amazing from there...mostly F10 M5, M6/Gran Coupe, etc...I was the only e39 M5, but fun nonetheless..
I can post some upcoming events when I get more info, but it would include lots of other BMW types. Would love to meet others w e39 M5s around town tho!

[email protected]

hope to talk to some of you guys soon! dp
Sounds good. I will let you know when I get the cluster back from Doc and have the M5 running. Looking forward to meet up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm up and running. Dash cluster is back in with pixels fixed. All major fluids changed, and a few minor fixes. I'm ready to roll... Let me know if there is gonna be a cars and coffee meet at Vintage Park anytime soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Cool! Let's aim to do Cars and Coffee this coming April 5th. I'll ping the others. It'd be awesome if we got the E39 M5 guys parked together for once :cheers:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
April 5th I'm out of town. Sorry. But if you guys do March 29 or April 19 I'm good! Let me know if any of those dates work for you. Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ah I'm out the last the weekend of this month...let's shoot for the 19th or May Cars and Coffee

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah I'm out the last the weekend of this month...let's shoot for the 19th or May Cars and Coffee
Sounds like a plan. :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Checking in. I just picked up a LeMans Blue 2003 to share the garage with my e36 M3.

While I have your attention...I just got my first check engine light along with rough idle and stuttering on my way to work this AM. I think I have a misfire, but I'm not completely sure because I'm still waiting on my Peake took from ECS (after 2 weeks). I'm going to park it for now. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to pull a code for me or point me to a good local shop who can do it without charging me an arm and a leg? I'm in the Meyerland area. Thanks!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Checking in. I just picked up a LeMans Blue 2003 to share the garage with my e36 M3.

While I have your attention...I just got my first check engine light along with rough idle and stuttering on my way to work this AM. I think I have a misfire, but I'm not completely sure because I'm still waiting on my Peake took from ECS (after 2 weeks). I'm going to park it for now. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to pull a code for me or point me to a good local shop who can do it without charging me an arm and a leg? I'm in the Meyerland area. Thanks!
Congrats and get yourself a Peak code reader stat!. But if you want to take it to a shop I recommend MPower on Fondren. Ted/Ned are really fast and experts on all kinds of problems. I'm in Bellaire btw

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered the Peake from ECS several weeks ago. Unfortunately, one item on my order was out of stock and they only ship all or nothing so I'm waiting very impatiently. I had actually come across mpower on a Reddit thread immediately after posting here and have already sent them a message. I'm hoping to run by there this afternoon.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered the Peake from ECS several weeks ago. Unfortunately, one item on my order was out of stock and they only ship all or nothing so I'm waiting very impatiently. I had actually come across mpower on a Reddit thread immediately after posting here and have already sent them a message. I'm hoping to run by there this afternoon.
Cool...we may bump heads...my car is there right now haha

·
Registered
921 Posts
Spending some time working in Houston and brought down the M5 for the winter (so if you see an LMB with Mass plates - it's me). I live in a high rise and hence have no way of washing the car. I don;t do automatic car washes and hence have a problem - how to wash my car? Are there any self car washes around? Pref around Tanglewood area but willing to travel for the right location.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a hand wash place right up on San Felipe and Sage , I believe. Not sure of a self wash. Don't live in the area. I work a extra job off of San Felipe and see the hand wash on the way home. I'm sure if you look area there is something close. Welcome!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts