BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I'm a relative newcomer to the E24 world. Had a Canadian '88 635Csi but always wanted an M. Finally convinced a fellow in TX to sell me his. It is an unmolested, unmodded car. Rust free and in excellent condition. I plan to keep it as original as possible and passing it on to another enthusiast when I relocated and downsize my fleet.

Pics at: https://plus.google.com/photos/109994557118638834855/albums/5887509343816638737?banner=pwa
Hi,

Congratulation for your New E24 Euro M635CSi and welcome to E24 M world.

It will be a good idea to change the speedometer back to Euro spec km/h and bringing the originality back to the euro spirit.

All these Euro cars when they were converted back in the days the speedometers were never converted at least to proper US spec 170mph plate in order to match the 280km/h=170mph. They simply picked a E28 528e plate showing 140mph and that is the wrong plate!

Let me know if you need some more assistance, I am located in SoCalifornia.

Regards
Anri

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Don't think I have added my car to the list, but I have an '85 M635, born Jan. of '85. Zinno and black interior. Currently my daily driver. She's in ok cosmetic condition, but I key a close eye on the mechanicals right now. At this stage I am in the planning phase of how I want to restore her, and occasionally picking up needed parts as I can find them.

Thanks,

Eric
Eric,

Its time to take some pictures on your car and posted !

Regards
Anri

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi,

Congratulation for your New E24 Euro M635CSi and welcome to E24 M world.

It will be a good idea to change the speedometer back to Euro spec km/h and bringing the originality back to the euro spirit.

All these Euro cars when they were converted back in the days the speedometers were never converted at least to proper US spec 170mph plate in order to match the 280km/h=170mph. They simply picked a E28 528e plate showing 140mph and that is the wrong plate!

Let me know if you need some more assistance, I am located in SoCalifornia.

Regards

Anri
Never knew that, do you know where I could source a correct one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the M635 purchase. Have an 88 M6 here and love it. Care and feeding of M cars are challenging and rewarding. Consider bringing it to one of the east coast or west coast Sharkfests!

Phil Parkey

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
280km/h plate.

Never knew that, do you know where I could source a correct one.

Hi,

I do sell these if you are serious in converting it please sent me PM and I will make it happen.

Regards
Anri

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I do not need to do this since I already have the 170mph speedo, actually had to go out to the garage and look. Thanks anyway.:eek:h:

81 - 86 of 86 Posts