BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought of this after seeing 4 or 5 M5's wrecked beyond repair in the last few weeks. Curious if greater scarcity creates greater demand, hence some sort of price support? I know..little bored this am.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
kcdoyle said:
Thought of this after seeing 4 or 5 M5's wrecked beyond repair in the last few weeks. Curious if greater scarcity creates greater demand, hence some sort of price support? I know..little bored this am.
Hmm, well including you, I know of at least 2! :7: cherrsagai
Regards,
Jerry

B

·
0 Posts
About 16,500 built worldwide ('99 to '03), with about 8.5K in the US, and 2.3K in the UK. The rest are spread out over the globe. Plus, probably a hundred or so have already been retired after significant accident damage.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
554 Posts
BeastPower said:
About 16,500 built worldwide ('99 to '03), with about 8.5K in the US, and 2.3K in the UK. The rest are spread out over the globe. Plus, probably a hundred or so have already been retired after significant accident damage.

Cheers, Daniel.
Only 16,500 M5's built between 99 and up until 03? WOW!

These figures, at least to me, make this car extremely rare.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Petey Pop said:
Only 16,500 M5's built between 99 and up until 03? WOW!

These figures, at least to me, make this car extremely rare.
Heheh...

Then you'll want the E28 M5 (less than 3,00 copies total I believe). Better yet, the 993 ttS, only 182 units shipped to the States.

Or my RUF, only one like that in the world, according to Alois RUF.

CP

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well I just got mine back after a smash and its a good as ever.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I wonder how many I've spotted over the years! ouich

There are dozens and dozens around London.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've easily seen over 100 between Los Angeles and Orange Counties alone in just the last year.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, I've seen 4 for sale alone right now (3 at the big used car dealer place; 1 red, 1 Madeira Violet, 1 silver, and one at a dealer on Sheik Zayed Road Avus Blue.)I've seen 2 other silverstone M5's while driving, there are 2 (one silver, one carbon black) always by the Emirates Training College, and one is always parked at the AP staff parking (Avus Blue as well). That makes 10. And I always see diffrent ones driving around. Maybe some are from Abu Dhabi, but I see lots!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have only seen two. One was seen whilst walking just off Sloane Square London, parked up (black black I think) and one around the back roads of Tunbridge Wells/Maidstone, Kent (blue).

I was following in my E34 M5 and looking for an opportunity to overtake it. It was before I had my E39 so I did not realise that I was in dreamland thinking about taking it! ouich

I know what some drivers are like, they have the means but no balls.

Pip:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
BeastPower said:

Cheers, Daniel.
20482 built worldwide actually....

LHD:7895
RHD:2595
NA LHD:9992

1 - 20 of 26 Posts