BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think you may be right, I was excited at seeing the leather up the door handles and glove box etc. I take it from what you just said that is standard? It has the split rear seat with ski hatch too.
GA25141
1990 3.6 in Alpine.
Somerset UK (now) 176k

Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Vehicle information:

VIN long WBS*******GA25141

Type code HD92
Type M5 (EUR)
Steering RL
Door count 4
Engine S38
Cubical capacity 3.60
Power 232
Transmision HECK
Gearbox MECH

Colour ALPINWEISS 2 (218)
Upholstery SCHWARZ VOLLEDER (0318)

Date of production: 1990-05-10

Order options
No. Description
339 SATIN CHROME

354 GREEN STRIPE WINDSCREEN

401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC

430 INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE

459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY

464 SKIBAG

499 HEADRESTS IN REAR, ELECTRIC. ADJUSTABLE

500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

540 CRUISE CONTROL

560 CO-PILOTS IN RR COMPARTMENT

786 M TECHNIC FOND-SITZANLAGE

812 ENGLAND VERSION

830 KLIMAANLAGE

850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

869 RADIOVORBEREITUNG ZG/ZZ

925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

SCHWARZ VOLLEDER = black full leather. That's the normal one that you get when ordering leather for the M5 (seats + door panels, centre console and a few other things). Still a rare beast though, because alpine white is not that common on European M5s.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is mine for the list.

VIN: GA25476
Colour: ALPINWEISS 2 (218)
Upholstery: ANTHRAZIT STOFF (0313)
Prod. date: 1991-04-29
Mileage: 107,000

This is how it looked a year or so ago when I bought it. Has been in storage ever since, waiting until the day I can lavish it with the attention, time and financial input it deserves.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have details on many of the Australian cars. I have tried to register, but think I failed as I was only guessing what the swedish might mean!

Cheers
Try this:

Switch to English from "Svenska" and things will be a bit easier :)
I saw there were some infos on your Yahoo-site. There were 5 or 6 new Australian cars there. Maybe you know even more?
Try register a member name again, and have a look on the vehicle lists.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exterior Colour: cly red
Interior Colour: champ leather
Build Date: jan 1991
Current Mileage:xxxx
Chassis number: ga25352
Model: uk 3.6cherrsagai

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You looking for US cars as well? Registered on your site today :noSMG:
Yep! All types of E34 M5s worldwide :noSMG:
You have been added as a member now. Welcome!
Check the lists and please let me know if you don't find a US-flag next to your VIN. The location (country) is known for most of the North American spec 92-93s (maybe 85-90% of them or so). It is usually either US or Canada, but there is a US spec M5 in Puerto Rico too! And one exported to Portugal.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Did that a number of days ago and was told to wait for an email to activate my membership - which has yet to come...

Try this:

Switch to English from "Svenska" and things will be a bit easier :)
I saw there were some infos on your Yahoo-site. There were 5 or 6 new Australian cars there. Maybe you know even more?
Try register a member name again, and have a look on the vehicle lists.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Did that a number of days ago and was told to wait for an email to activate my membership - which has yet to come...
Strange :confused: I looked on the Australian members and the ones listed are:
AustralianM5
flint_3125
geecee
gwm635
inertia8
Konfused Pete
stedes

Something must have gone wrong. I can try to register for you with a temporary password if you let me know what member name you like and your e-mail address. We had some server problems a couple of days ago, maybe that caused a fault when you registered.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
So, time for the first update on the number of cars identified. Let's start with the 3.8 LHD.

723 cars have been found since the international register started in Nov. of 2008.

Country / Numbers found on March 16th 2009

Sweden = 338
Germany = 93
U.S.A. = 64
Russia = 51
Finland = 28
Latvia = 15
Brazil = 14
Japan = 12
Switzerland = 12
Norway = 10
United Kingdom = 9
Poland = 8
Italy = 8
Spain = 7
Netherlands = 7
Canada = 6
Denmark = 5
Turkey = 4
Belgium = 4
Iceland = 3
Ukraine = 3
Austria = 3
France = 3
South Korea = 2
Luxemburg = 2
Hungary = 1
Greece = 1
Czech Republic = 1
Serbia = 1
South Africa = 1
Belarus = 1
United Arab Emirates = 1
Argentina = 1
Peru = 1
Nigeria = 1
Guadeloupe = 1
Gibraltar (UK) = 1

Of those 723, the following have been wrecked:

Sweden = 83
Germany = 8
Norway = 6
Latvia = 1
U.S.A. = 1

Of those 723, the following have been stolen:

Russia = 26
Sweden = 7

The number for Germany is of course far from all cars. An estimation would be 350-400 cars there including the wrecked ones. Also France and Italy, way too little to show any good statistics. Help is needed with these countries. Maybe someone can check with their department of motor vehicles? VIN is needed, license plate not interesting.

RHDs will follow.

--

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
OK, I have just tried to register again with the same user name as I have here.

I received the same message - that the site is restricted and will require approval, which will come by email. How long does that normally take?

If it speeds things up, please register me using this user name and a temporary password.

Cheers

Strange :confused: I looked on the Australian members and the ones listed are:
AustralianM5
flint_3125
geecee
gwm635
inertia8
Konfused Pete
stedes

Something must have gone wrong. I can try to register for you with a temporary password if you let me know what member name you like and your e-mail address. We had some server problems a couple of days ago, maybe that caused a fault when you registered.

·
10,444 Posts
here's my 91 model year info
3/90 production
BK05212
alpine white
153,000 miles

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Hi , I have just bought GA25481 , Calypso Red , from member Scotchw and it's an absolute cracker that is causing me a huge dilema , as I'd initially bought it with the intention of breaking for spares due to an apparently failed head gasket .

However , this particular late ( 05/91 production and 11/92 registration ) 3.6 is far too good to break and I'm going to have to put her right as a potential keeper .......just don't tell Melissa , as my car collection is becoming ridiculous !

D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey HD91...

Just a clarification so there's no confusion. I'm listed as living in Australia (for a few more years) but the car (GA25308) is actually in Cyprus. Hope it hasn't caused any great confusion.

S

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey HD91...

Just a clarification so there's no confusion. I'm listed as living in Australia (for a few more years) but the car (GA25308) is actually in Cyprus. Hope it hasn't caused any great confusion.

S
Hi there stedes,
Yes, I got that. It should be listed as Cyprus. Did you also know of another 3.6 RHD in Cyprus?

21 - 40 of 789 Posts
About this Discussion
788 Replies
216 Participants
Neubauten
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing