BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the E34 M5 Register?
This is an effort to compile a worldwide database for all the E34 M5s that were built (LHD as well as RHD).
This effort is headed by m5board members M5Limo95reg, HD91 and m5 touring reg (together with lots of permanent helpers).
For everyone interested in seeing the results as the work progresses, the register can be found online by visiting the following links (PLEASE NOTE: a login name is needed to view the vehicle lists - membership is free and usually granted within 24 hours of application - new members will receive an e-mail when their login name is activated):

- LHD M5 3,6 -
- LHD M5 3,8 -
- M5 touring -
- RHD M5 3,8 -

The RHD 3.6, North American 3.6 and South-African knockdown kit version will be added to the site in the near future.

Informations that are stored are; the last seven digits of the VIN-number, exterior colour, production date and the latest known location (country where the car is registered, kept or wrecked). For Individual spec cars and development vehicles etc, the actual ordering code following the vehicle is marked in the right column. Complete build sheets can be aquired by e-mailing the M5 register.

All VINs and their colours/build dates are listed in the links above, but the informations for the country columns are not known for all cars. Any new information is of course of great interest to keep the database growing. You can contact the members mentioned above by sending a m5board PM or using the e-mail-adresses supplied on the register homepage. The best way of sourcing out information is with the VIN-number. Additional data such as registration numbers, owners and state/city are NOT stored and not needed for this project.
Owners of any E34 M5 may present their vehicle with photos/informations in this thread (for the touring version there is already a thread for this purpose: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/13759-e34-m5-touring-registry.html).
You may also give us a tip on cars for sale online and then we can check it further if the vehicle is known.

Cars that have been wrecked have a remark "wrecked" in the right column. Wrecked cars are of course interesting as well, as this is an attempt to see (hopefully in a few years time) how many still alive.

Updates on the actual numbers found will be posted in this thread a couple of times a year.
The sections of the register are available in Swedish, English and German language, with abbreviations in French, Spanish and Russian.

With best regards,

M5Limo95reg
HD91
m5 touring reg

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added to the site today = M5 3.6 RHD-version! All 524 VINs have been added together with their production date and colour. The country column will follow (the ones known). We already got a few emails since yesterday, so keep them coming :wroom:

- RHD M5 3.6 -

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Don't fancy registering for yet another website so here's the info on the 1990 3.6 I've just sold.

Exterior Colour: DiamondSchwarz
Interior Colour: Extended champagne
Build Date: Feb 1990
Current Mileage: 144,000 miles
Chassis number: GA25054
Model: HD92 (UK, RHD, 3.6)

Any other info needed?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't fancy registering for yet another website so here's the info on the 1990 3.6 I've just sold.

Exterior Colour: DiamondSchwarz
Interior Colour: Extended champagne
Build Date: Feb 1990
Current Mileage: 144,000 miles
Chassis number: GA25054

Any other info needed?
Seven last digits of the VIN + country is enough. But other informations are of course welcome as well :) They will however not be stored in the register.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can only see the first series of MY89 VINS.

My car 2899741, built 11/88, Sebringgrau.
Yes, adding the 3.6 LHD VINs manually in the database (tables in Macromedia Dreamweaver) is taking me more time than expected. 1989 and 1990 MY are not complete at this moment.

However, the 289-series (first VIN-part of the 1989s) are now added with colours and production dates! Have a look on the 1989MY again. What country is 2899741 registered in?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would anyone of you North Americans be interested in helping us out with two photos for the HD93/US-M5 register section? One exterior shot and one interior photo. Modelyear and colour is not important, but the car has to be stock. I dont have anything myself that will work. It does not have to be "calender quality". You can upload something in this thread or send an e-mail to swem[email protected]. As soon as we have this the section will be put online and then we are only missing the South-African spec cars on the page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
please add my m5 to the register too

e34 m5 1990 3.6
mileage:218,500
vin digits: ga25270
right hand drive
colour:silver

thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GA25270 has been added. Not known from before. Thanks!

Sterlingsilber met.

Production date: 1990-07-30

-----------------------------------------------------

Below a small recap of the links, since we turned the page.
Added today: South African spec VIN-list (265 units made from kits)! Many thanks to member 1day for his supply of photos and informations on these cars. All exterior colours of the SA-spec cars are not known yet and I don't know which ones were available? Anyone with knowledge please speak out :)

LINKS:

LHD
- LHD M5 3,6 -
- LHD M5 3,8 -
- M5 touring -

RHD
- RHD M5 3,6 -
- RHD M5 3,8 -

- RHD M5 3,6 South Africa -

Still looking for some North American spec M5 photos so we can launch that section too :1zhelp:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Please add my M5 to the register.
92 Mauritius Blau (build date 91)
Silbergau hell complete leather
servotronic
heated rear seats
side and rear sun shades
36,000 kms
BK04692
:goldcup:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Terry :thumbsup: You really like Jap spec M5s in Canada. I think 6 or 7 are known to the register now. It's probably better to go to Japan than Europe. The Japanese M5s are usually loaded with options and very well maintained.
Complete leather is extremely rare, only 121 were built of the 3.6 version, many of them were Japanese spec as your car.
Of the combination Mauritius blue + silbergrau hell complete leather only 8 cars were made:
www.e34m5.se

36.000 km, wow :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Complete leather is extremely rare, only 121 were built of the 3.6 version, many of them were Japanese spec as your car.
Does this make my new rhd 3.6 with extended black leather one of 121 cars?

I am collecting in the morning so I will add my details soon.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks.I have said it before, Japan is a gold mine for well maintained low mileage cars. We can import them into Canada once they are 15 years past their build date with no alterations required as long as they pass the safety check. Mine is a summer driver only and was delivered to me with 30,600kms on the clock 2 years ago, It looked like it just came out of the show-room. They, don't make them like this any more. I can't wait for spring to get here!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does this make my new rhd 3.6 with extended black leather one of 121 cars?

I am collecting in the morning so I will add my details soon.:)
For the RHD cars complete leather was not available. Only as an option from BMW Individual. Post or PM the 7 last digits of the VIN and we can see what the build sheet looks like. It could be one of the few Individual spec cars or maybe it's just the normal full leather (seats, door panels and centre console).

1 - 20 of 789 Posts