BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
No I don't sorry.
Nothing more than is in the ad, which fortunately confirms the VIN and 03/50 build no, which is why I thought it was worth posting here.

At one point it was listed twice, by different dealers, leading to opinion that the owner had it on consignment.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
No I don't sorry.
Nothing more than is in the ad, which fortunately confirms the VIN and 03/50 build no, which is why I thought it was worth posting here.

At one point it was listed twice, by different dealers, leading to opinion that the owner had it on consignment.
-
[email protected]
thanks for posting !!!!!! :smile:byebye::M5thumbs:
what is the present mileage as claimed or reported for in the sales add ?? any idea ?
the mileage to be seen on one of the provided for pictures can hardly be the actual up date mileage ?
there is a higher mileage on record when the car was still in the U.K. (??)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can't confirm anything sorry, the car is in another city many hours away.
The listing by the 2nd dealer (now removed) had the same odometer reading ie 76566km although no picture.
If you have a higher mileage recorded from the UK, it may have had a Euro spec instrument cluster and/or coding plug fitted.

Parts of the cluster have definitely been physically changed ie speedometer (km), fuel gauge (litres/ULG) and oil temp (celsius).
The odometer is also now in km so the coding plug (KMB) has either been replaced or re-coded to a different vehicle order.

If it was re-coded, it should have retained the original overall mileage - so 76500km = 47500 miles.
If it was replaced with a used plug, a cluster self-test would show a different VIN.
If you buy a new coding plug from BMW, my understanding is it comes with the correct VIN but 0km on the odometer and you are given a certificate to show when it was done and at how many miles/km.

So, did someone go to the considerable effort of doing everything above, or did they just swap in an entire Euro cluster?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
latest UK vehicle MOT (test no 824968737123), date tested 18 May 2007
= mileage 117.873 miles (!)
reg no N296LRL (source GOV.UK/check-mot.service):|
@;

Colour looks great in the pics - almost blue. it makes me realise though how much i dislike the wide grille option, and that badge doesnt help. The rear badge location is also way off, and the damage to the plaque is interesting. A diligent owner would resolve those issues I think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: How many?

There are odd and even cars with Orinoco and Rosso, this also goes for the VIN numbers, odd and even ones with each colour.

1/50 - Orinoco - Board member "RichardFathers", this car was the one on Top Gear and is located on the Isle Of Man.

02/50 - Rosso - Board member "M5Powered", is the 3rd Vin number.

8/50 - Orinoco - 98k miles, was for sale in Luton recently.

14/50 - Orinoco - Board member "AndyE"

17/50 - Rosso - Was for sale May 2003 at 100k, bought by board member ember "BrianM5"

18/50 - Rosso - In Bournemouth, is almost certainly the best condition remaining of the 50 built, a real showroom Queen.

19/50 - Rosso - Was in Top Marques for sale in Bradford, Sept 2003

33/50 - Orinoco - Board member "Zippy"

35/50 - Orinoco - Board member "FinalEditionE34M5"

46/50 - Orinoco - No further information

49/50 - Orinoco - Was in Autotrader and Ebay May 2003

50/50 - Rosso - Board member "E34SE#50"

If anyone can add any more, then do so via email to ivan at abcwarrior.com or post here. I will edit the information into this post and delete the information post to keep clarity and ease of reading.

Once near complete, I will set up a LE page on my website which is being updated at the moment.

Ivan.
i have only just registered on this board and am the proud owner of LE #20/50 Rosso Red (GE000343) since June 2012. Current mileage 105k. Based in the UK (Scotland).

101 - 110 of 110 Posts