BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My birds eye nob doesn't illuminate. I was going to look at the wiring but I won't bother now.

Here's the Autotrader LE Phil is referring to: £10,250 LE, looking a little bit sorry for itself in that picture...

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
gear shifter does NOT illuminate ? = strange indeed ! that being one of the few gimmicks on the E34 M5, I never heard it does not, before now (unless of course when someone had a fault), as this appears to be the same for so many of you, something is odd here -
Zip, cud you ask -Tony- or someone at ML ? as BMW is no idea to ask ? there
is an obvious risk that they will not remember there ever was such a car made by BMW hiha

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
M5touring reg said:
gear shifter does NOT illuminate ? = strange indeed ! that being one of the few gimmicks on the E34 M5, I never heard it does not, before now (unless of course when someone had a fault), as this appears to be the same for so many of you, something is odd here -
Zip, cud you ask -Tony- or someone at ML ? as BMW is no idea to ask ? there
is an obvious risk that they will not remember there ever was such a car made by BMW hiha
Karl,
i will give Tony a bell tomorrow and post his reply.......hope the Snow storm hasn't left you stranded :eek:oohhh: ....

Oh by the way..... I am trying to find a steering wheel with Birds eye maple wood (graphite) to go with the wood trim....any ideas re part numbers ??

Just got your e-mail and will be replying shortly..........very interesting :haha: !!!!

Zip M5 LE 33/50:1:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Zippy said:
steering wheel with Birds eye maple wood (graphite)
Zip - my Orinoco LE has a regular M3-style steering wheel, looks like this:

I've never seen one in birdseye wood trim, but surely the wooden wheel would be less grippy for heel-of-hand-countersteer?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have also just noticed that No 24 is for sale, No 8 still is too.

The "normal" 6 speed gear lever illuminates.

Can't think of any reason why the wood on it should change things....

All the Best
Mark

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Chaps,

CARPETS !!

What colour are your carpets?? My reasons for asking are i am trying to order a new set. My research has revealed that both the Rosso Red and Orinoco Green were fitted with Anthracite carpets as standard trim.......

However I swear blind that the BMW carpets in mine ( Orinocco Green ) are a very Dark green ..very similar to the colour of the car.....

BMW GB are telling me that they should be Anthracite yet the spec shows them as "Special interior"...Therefore I am having trouble with part numbers etc...Munich Legends are convinced they are a dark shade of Green also.....:confused3

So my question is this............. is what colour are your carpets..... ?????

Zip M5 LE 33/50:1:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: How many?

IvanDias said:
I know the owner, lives near me.

He had a Sierra Cosworth, and I saw it four times in three years. Sunny weekends, all of them, out of the garage, off for a drive, then a full valet and wax, including underbody, then back into the garage.

A while back it disappeared, and my (now ex) girlfriend said she saw one of "my" cars in the garage when it was left open one day, a very rare occurence.

Four months went by before I saw it, only the rear in the shadow of the garage, and yes it was an M5.

A year and a half later, this summer of 2003, it was parked outside, (on the road - shock horror!!), as some building work was underway in the garage.

It is a absolutely perfect LE in rosso red with the cream leather interior. There are plastic sheets over the seats, front and back. The interior shows ZERO signs of wear, marks or use.

The M-Parallel wheels are perfect, the tyres regulation jet black with the little bobbles on them.

The paint has ZERO dinks, scratches, stonechips or marks. I could not see a single swirl mark from polishing. It shone. I looked over it for about ten minutes, I found no flaw.

I have not seen it since, I have never seen it leave, arrive, or being driven.

It is guaranteed to be the best condition M5 LE.
I would hazard a guess that it is the best condition M5 period, except for maybe that one in the German dealer earlier this year with 1km on the clock.

But. And it`s a big but. I drive mine every day, I know it pretty well, what it likes, how it brakes, when it wants to let go. I`m really not sure that I could swap my tired old 3.6 for his perfect 3.8 if it came with the issue that I couldn`t drive it more than once or twice a year!!!

Mmmm..... maybe he keeps happy with the giant old style Model T thing behind it in the garage, or his E34 535i, or his E28 535i, or his runabout Citroen, or his E28 M5, or his other E28 M5.

Nice guy. Could do with his money and lifestyle, but I`d sure have to buy another M5 to have as a daily!!

Ivan.
personally speaking..lovely as that sounds...

what is the point of owning a car like this if you're not going to use it????

it cant do them any good either never being driven properly...

i'd rather have a not quite so perfect car but atleast know that it has taken the usage of everyday lfe...

just my opinion althought i'd love to see this car in the flesh!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
1995 Canadian M5 Limited Edition - 10 of 50??

Here is an interesting one. Has anyone ever heard of a Canadian version of the 1995 M5 LE??

Check out the link.
http://www.willz.ca/GD64656.htm

When I first saw the site, I thought someone had imported number 10 of the UK cars, but clearly, colour and interior are wrong (not to mention the LHD). Was there a Euro run of 50 LE's? Maybe, it just has the badge off the UK number 10?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Re: 1995 Canadian M5 Limited Edition - 10 of 50??

M540i LE said:
Here is an interesting one. Has anyone ever heard of a Canadian version of the 1995 M5 LE??

Check out the link.
http://www.willz.ca/GD64656.htm

When I first saw the site, I thought someone had imported number 10 of the UK cars, but clearly, colour and interior are wrong (not to mention the LHD). Was there a Euro run of 50 LE's? Maybe, it just has the badge off the UK number 10?

Cheers
Interesting!!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
there is a special story behind THIS very specific car which shud be VERY
embarrasing for the M-GmbH - :crying2: :crying2:
'to cut a long story short' = this is NOT a -limited edition car- it is -just-
an ordinay E34 M5 with (special order) red-seatbelts -
it simply has the 10/50-batch, there are NO other 49 cars and the way the
batch (or better 'label') got into that car is the embarrasing story - pls let us
NOT dig into it any further, a lot of people will only get confused (even further) and angry - :crying:
the VIN is GD64656, nothing is special with the car except for the -red belts-
and the 10/50-label (which is the same label as used for the RHD LE cars) -
also please note, Will Z., does NOT -claim- that there is anything special
with this car, he just shows the pictures given to him from the car-owner
(the car still has it's german plate and most likely is still in Germany and NOT
in Canada), Will Z. is a good guy and he will put the records straight if anyone
is interested to ask, i.e. 'hold your horses', all this 'bulls...' about other 'editions than the -real- ones is a bl..... waste of time :crying: :crying: :crying: :byebye:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I shall call Detective Columbo to investigate.

Ahhh, just one more question....

why is it embarrasing for M-GMBH?

Best

M5 Powered

·
Registered
426 Posts
M5touring reg said:
there is a special story behind THIS very specific car which shud be VERY
embarrasing for the M-GmbH - :crying2: :crying2:
'to cut a long story short' = this is NOT a -limited edition car- it is -just-
an ordinay E34 M5

just an ordinary E34 M5? :nono:

Frank ;)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
[email protected] sorry mate :byebye: I guess I gave an invitation to that one.. :byebye: it should have read = another fantastic, exclusive and rare,
BMW sport saloon, an E34 -series M5 (but this specific one is not a 'limited edition' car) - BETTER ?? :) :byebye:
-
[email protected] no need for 'Detective Colombo', the VIN is available and consequently facts are relatively easy to check - I depend on good, openly minded and positive support from the M-GmbH with my research-work on the E34 M5 special- or 'limited edition' cars, th4 I do not wish to get 'black-listed',as I am sure you will understand - shud you still wish an answer pls send me a -private message- :byebye:
-
by the way, perhaps this is yesterdays news for you ? for what it is worth =
the 'model run out' UK LE cars are NOT listed by the ///M-GmbH as a factory
limited edition car, their definition is different, this does of course not change the fact that the -UK LE- cars are generally accepted as a 'limited edition run' although officially these cars are made by 'Individual' upon order and specifications as received from BMW GB -
no matter what, these are great, exclusive, rare and unique late production
cars of a fantastic -sport saloon- BMW modell -
you that have one = enjoy the ownership and the driving pleasure :wroom: :byebye:

·
Registered
868 Posts
M5touring reg said:
[email protected] sorry mate :byebye: I guess I gave an invitation to that one.. :byebye: it should have read = another fantastic, exclusive and rare,
BMW sport saloon, an E34 -series M5 (but this specific one is not a 'limited edition' car) - BETTER ?? :) :byebye:
-
[email protected] no need for 'Detective Colombo', the VIN is available and consequently facts are relatively easy to check - I depend on good, openly minded and positive support from the M-GmbH with my research-work on the E34 M5 special- or 'limited edition' cars, th4 I do not wish to get 'black-listed',as I am sure you will understand - shud you still wish an answer pls send me a -private message- :byebye:
-
by the way, perhaps this is yesterdays news for you ? for what it is worth =
the 'model run out' UK LE cars are NOT listed by the ///M-GmbH as a factory
limited edition car, their definition is different, this does of course not change the fact that the -UK LE- cars are generally accepted as a 'limited edition run' although officially these cars are made by 'Individual' upon order and specifications as received from BMW GB -
no matter what, these are great, exclusive, rare and unique late production
cars of a fantastic -sport saloon- BMW modell -
you that have one = enjoy the ownership and the driving pleasure :wroom: :byebye:
Yep she's a beauty. Went to the race tyre place yesterday. A few guys in having the wheels aligned on their mass produced 911 porkers:1:were asking about it !
:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
In part as a follow up to this thread, I have started a Yahoo group to record the details and pictures of each of the 50 LE's. I have done this as I remain unaware of any one place that you can go to to 'celebrate' these very special cars.

Location is:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1995M5LE/

If I am repeating something that already exists, please let me know. If not, please participate and add whatever you know about these cars.

So far, I have posted pics of all of the cars I have found (I am sure there are pics of many more out there) and some of the info/detail I have gleaned from here and elsewhere. Refer to the pics section and the database.

As mentioned, if you know more, please add it. If you would like to see something else added, let me know.

Kind regards

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
1995 UK M5 Limited Edition - Register now up and running!!

Guys (& Girls??)

Where are all the LE owners? When this thread started ages ago, there was a storm of activity and many called for a register to be set up.

I guess you are all on holidays in warmer climes ;) .

I have set up a website to register the LE's (details in the post below). A Yahoo group might not be the absolute best format, but I think it will work OK for the moment.

Please, enter your details, post pics and lets see how many of the LE's we can identify and record.

Cheers from Australia in summer!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Apologis for going off at a bit of a tangent ... but I though they made 343 rhd 3.8's so how come the VIN's run to 372? Were the LE's in addition to the 343

61 - 80 of 110 Posts