BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the look of slightly lowered e39s, such as PhillyM5's car. I was surfing earlier when I ran across a post on bimmerforum.com requesting pictures of slammed e39s. I looked at some and then came across a few like this one (can anyone help me with the embedding? - see attachment). I'm sure that this affects handling, not to mention that I think that this looks pretty bad. Do you guys agree? Opinions?

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/steeb/slammede39.jpg

On a related note:

I have owned an e39 528i before but never an M5. I actually own an e46 M3 right now, but a friend who owns an e39 M5 turned me on to this board. I have visited a few other boards, but they all seem as though they like their cars more like the one pictured and they all type like 'gangstas yo'. I like that I don't see you guys doing that. Classy fellas here!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I see's no attachment, but personally I think anything past 13"s is to low (from center cap to fender)...and really anything past that hurts suspention travel alot.

Edit: ok now it's there, and yeah that looks like crap to me, dont' go that low. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Too low, I think.

I don't mind the stock height of the car. Perhaps a little lower would be okay a la Dinan suspensions, but I'd always be worried of hitting something up front when parking.

-Matthew

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Thanks for the compliment!!!
My car is 13" from the center of the center cap in the front, and 12.5 from the center cap in the rear.(to the bottom of the fender)
I use a KW coilover so If i need to, I can raise or lower it. I haven't yet. So far ive had no problems.

josh.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I run 13.5 Front and 12.75 rear. I have tried a lot of different ride heights and this has proved the best. I have no bottoming even 4 up over choppy surfaces

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I never understood why people liked the look where the top of the wheels are completely inside the wheelwell. I lowest I would go is where the top of the tires are just touching the arch when you are looking from the side

·
Registered
21 Posts
The picture attached in the first post is Photoshopped. The car is low, but not that low, the owner altered the picture to use in his signature.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It could not be that low unless the front wheel arches are flared all the way out. The front wheels would not be able to turn by the looks of that picture. :nono:

- Kin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts