BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying an 07 or 08 M6. I just love the car. I am test driving a 6mt tomorrow. I am surprised how many 3 year old M6's are for sale. I understand that a certain amount of them are coming off lease, but in conversations with the dealer, they informed me that the M6 is generally a two to three year car. He explained that most of the purchasers hop from car to car, but don't usually hold onto them, and BMW is disappointed about this.

Can anyone enlighten me on this, and tell me how long they have had their M cars ?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I had mine since 15 July 2009 .

·
Registered
227 Posts
4 wks

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am one of those car hopers. I love to drive new toys as often as I can get my hands on them but don't have the space, interest, or funds to amass a car collection so it is capped at 3. So a new toy means that another must go to make space.

The only real "collectible" BMW that I can think of is the M1 followed by the Z8.

That being said, I have a loaded 4K mile '08 Coupe with a 6MT in Sapphire Black over Black that is only 18 months off the lot that will be for sale to make room for the next toy in case you are interested.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It'll be exactly 4 years next month, December 16th. Can't justify replacing it with anything until the next M6 comes out in approx 2 years...the car's really just that good!

·
Registered
104 Posts
6 weeks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Only had mine for about 3 months so far, love it so far.
Its just such an awesome car, its got everything one could ask for .
its luxurious, comfortable, sleek looking and fast as hell

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had mine for 3 years now and still don't want to replace it. :byebye:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to hear the response

When Purchasing this car, and hearing it was a two year car, it made me leary that there were reasons why people were getting rid of them.

From the responses so far, it seams that everyone loves their M6, and only swap to get another cool toy. That I can appreciate !!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am obviously in the minority here but my reasons for replacing it have nothing to do with the car. Heck, my favorite car of all time I only kept for 10 months before it went to make room for something else.

SO buy it and you will love it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fellow Carhopper here. Mine is a lease thru my company, so I swapped my '08 coupe (acquired Feb '08) for a '10 Cab in August since there isn't going to be an '11. I will probably buy it from my company before the lease runs out, since we bumped the payment to lower the residual to make that an option to buy for less than retail. I can imagine keeping it for a looooong time, it's a fantastic car.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I am obviously in the minority here ...
No, I think there are a lot of car hoppers, so you may not be in the minority.

But after owners change cars, they usually don't linger on the Board after they have sold their beast. I think there is a lot of changing going on around lease turn-in for those you look forward to something different every 2 - 3 years.

Before getting my Individual M6 (which is a keeper), I always got a different series BMW at lease end.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keeper

I've ahd mine 3 years as of last month. Plan on keeping it a while..for me there aren't many out there like the M6, and there are fast as ever and not that many M6's in my area. The new one is a ways off anyhow and for me there is nothing like the V10,yea the turbo mightbe faster but not as unique....but that's just me...:wroom:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ajax has had his for 4 1/2 months. Loves it more than any previous vehicle X10. Plans to dump it late next year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1.5 years, just purchased a 3 year extended warranty. Planning to keep it for another 2 years. Great car, fast and roomy.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
acquired new on 1/31/2009 and loving every minute...will keep her atleast 3 years and then see where BMW has taken the F12...i just hate turbos so im not sure what i'll do next, if/when i decide its time to move on...this is certainly the best car BMW ///M will ever make and must be appreciated :goldcup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts