BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can those of you that have done the following: (Coilovers, 4 wheel big brake kit)

Tell me how long it took to install those items, or how long you where charged for.

Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
3 to 4 hours a corner :confused2 , 2 hours if there cool.
the rears take longer since the rear seat and trunk liner has to come out for the rear coil overs. the fronts should be fairly quick, make sure they use bmw brake fluid or redline or royal purple if you track.
get stailess steel lines while your at it ad 1/2 hour per corner to the total hours labor.

good luck!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 or 4 hours a corner sounds really long, when i did it on my other car is was about 4 hours total for the coilovers. BBK's come with ss lines. I know how to corner balance and all the small other things that need to be done. I just need the amount of time so I can run the total cost. With so many that have done it and with labor rates varying, all I need is what some folks mechanics or personal experences have been in installing BBK's and Coilovers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i had my koni/ eibach suspension done for 4 hours labor, but i imagine it would be 1 - 2 hours per corner for the bbk. so it could ad up to 8-12 hours total.so i was off a little.
sorry

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ray540inyc said:
i had my koni/ eibach suspension done for 4 hours labor, but i imagine it would be 1 - 2 hours per corner for the bbk. so it could ad up to 8-12 hours total.so i was off a little.
sorry

I see what you where saying, I'm sorry, I thought you meant 3-4 hours per corner just for the coilovers, you included the time for the bbk with the time for the coilovers, sorry, miss read.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
It took me 4 hours for a 4-wheel BBK here

It would have taken longer and maybe been more fun with some cold ones and a few cigars, but I was too anxious to get the brakes on and try them out :15:
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
anywhere from 1-2 hours per corner

depending on coilover kits 4-6 hours

corner balance....probably about 2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts