BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a CF decklid spoiler through Jlevi over 2 months ago and it has been a non stop "Ships in 7-10 days" broken record. Is there something in the process that I don't understand, are they overwhelmed with the few M6's out there ordering like crazy or do they just consisting provide poor customer service?

-SMBowen

·
Registered
279 Posts
I cannot speak for Vorsteiner nor JLeviSW ... but a large portion of carbon fiber parts are custom due to the low volume of their sales... So basically once you submit an order to a distributer like JLevi, he puts the order in to the manufacturer and they *begin* fabricating the part you order. For something as large as a boot lid (trunk / spoiler)... I would imagine it takes quite some time to make. Once it is completed, if the manufacturer sends it to JLevi, I'm sure he'll send it out in his quoted 7-10 days... but many manufacturers ship directly to the customer to save time & money.

From personal experience, I opted to go for a non-carbon fiber trunk spoiler because the full carbon one would have taken an additional 6-8 weeks.
Keep in mind, that was just for a bolt-on spoiler, not a fully integrated trunk/spoiler combo like the VRS.

Many of those custom parts aren't *stocked* by the distributer due to the item cost and volume of sales. That is my best guess based on past experience.

You can only imagine that companies like JLevi & Vorsteiner have zero incentive in delaying your order for any reason... their reputation and customer service are on the line ... I'm sure they would love to get your product to you as quickly and perfectly as possible to maintain their outstanding repoire.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I ordered a CF decklid spoiler through Jlevi over 2 months ago and it has been a non stop "Ships in 7-10 days" broken record. Is there something in the process that I don't understand, are they overwhelmed with the few M6's out there ordering like crazy or do they just consisting provide poor customer service?

-SMBowen
I had the same problem with my diffuser which was ordered around the same time.

I have learned that Vorsteiner were shifting to a new facility around that time and all orders were put on hold while it happened and obviously created a back log that had to be cleared. I was infuriated just like yourself, but could only blame the circumstances.

I have received my diffuser last week. Hopefully you shall receive your spoiler very soon.

·
Company Representative for Jlevi StreetWerks
1,005 Posts
Hey Guys,

We have faced a number of delays with our Vorsteiner orders across the board. There are a number of reasons why including their move to their new facility, staff absences/holidays and upgrading all of their molds to 100% prepreg dry carbon form construction. Unfortunately it has wreaked havoc on their time line and has pushed a number of our orders back beyond the quoted 6-8 weeks. The good news is that they are getting caught up and I show that several of our backorders are finally shipping out.

As one of their largest dealers, we are in constant communication to make sure all of our orders are progressing and to provide the most accurate status to all of our customers. However, we have learned that Vorsteiner will never sacrifice quality in the name of output. It can be frustrating at times but the end product is always worth it.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey Guys,

We have faced a number of delays with our Vorsteiner orders across the board. There are a number of reasons why including their move to their new facility, staff absences/holidays and upgrading all of their molds to 100% prepreg dry carbon form construction. Unfortunately it has wreaked havoc on their time line and has pushed a number of our orders back beyond the quoted 6-8 weeks. The good news is that they are getting caught up and I show that several of our backorders are finally shipping out.

As one of their largest dealers, we are in constant communication to make sure all of our orders are progressing and to provide the most accurate status to all of our customers. However, we have learned that Vorsteiner will never sacrifice quality in the name of output. It can be frustrating at times but the end product is always worth it.
That is true. My rear diffuser is a perfect fit and the quality is top notch.

Does this mean that my double sided vented racing hood will also be shipped soon.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Also I am a big fan of Nick and JleviSW. These guys are so helpful and professional

Their products are top quality, Zero bull shut and a service quality unlike any other.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It took me about 8 weeks to get mine as well, the folks at Evosport hooked me up and got it to me a bit earlier or else I could have been waiting 12 weeks.

Cheers,
SDAWG

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All that makes sense and I wouldn't get irritated if it were circumstances as the issue. And I have had nothing but great service from JLevi, the thing that irritates me is the 5 updates from VRS saying it should be shipping in the next 7-10 days. If I would have been told 6-8 weeks from the beginning, I would have been able to brace for that.

·
Company Representative for Jlevi StreetWerks
1,005 Posts
All that makes sense and I wouldn't get irritated if it were circumstances as the issue. And I have had nothing but great service from JLevi, the thing that irritates me is the 5 updates from VRS saying it should be shipping in the next 7-10 days. If I would have been told 6-8 weeks from the beginning, I would have been able to brace for that.
As a dealer, we are getting the same info and I have expressed to them a number of times that this is completely unacceptable and frustrating to say the least. One week, we will tell a customer it will be ready in 10 business days, then the next week, we get another update, that it's now 20 business days. The good news is that they are catching up with production and will eliminate this come February but until then, it's been a real source of frustration.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I received my front spoiler in about 8 weeks, my hood took around 12 -13 weeks to get to me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I should be able to get some good shots this weekend, the weather hasn't been the best here lately. Just installed the hood and my Valentine V1 radar-mirror setup this weekend. Getting my hood the clear bra covered tomorrow evening, feels like I'm driving around naked without it covered.

Reactions: Hasan Shaikh
1 - 16 of 16 Posts