BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mate of mine is getting one and said it will be faster than my car :dunno:

Never saw one here in Ireland so I am curious....

Richie.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It's fast, and if your car is stock it will take you. Just don't turn with it.

Bob

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jeep claims 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds wet or dry. It is very fast, but not very refined. If you run against him, make sure you have a few cruves in the road. They don't have to be very twisty. Not many cars are as solid as an M5 at speeds of 130mph +. Let us know what happens:M5launch:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are not many straights in Ireland - thankfully :noSMG:

He won't have it here for a few months though, importing from Canada.

He just sent me some pictures, they look good...

7.0 Liter engine!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
There are not many straights in Ireland - thankfully :noSMG:

He won't have it here for a few months though, importing from Canada.

He just sent me some pictures, they look good...

7.0 Liter engine!!
It takes a 7.0L engine to keep up with a 5.0L family sedan? Who will be driving the better car?:hihi:

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Big engine and low gears to over come the weight.

Fast acceleration to 100 or so but you will walk him after that.

·
Registered
804 Posts
There's 2 or 3 in my neighborhood. I always see them going in the other direction:grrrrr:. A few days ago I passed one, I didn't really notice him until he blew by me. He then slowed down for me to catch up. Out of all the days this could have happened, it did when I had my wife and kids in the car:mad:. I'm sure I'll run with one sooner or later and when I do I'll report back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They are a low 13 high 12 second truck in the 1/4.

Probably a drivers race, but I'd put money on a well driven M5.

They are bad *** trucks IMO.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My parents rented a base jeep model of the SRT8-Commander? for the drive to our house over Christmas. Whatever it is that thing is a piece of crap! The seats were wooden benches. The steering was like you were controlling two bowling balls with some cotton string. The ride was so rough you wanted to pull your hair out....on and on and on....Oh yeah, I heard the SRT8 is fast.....zzzzz

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My parents rented a base jeep model of the SRT8-Commander? for the drive to our house over Christmas. Whatever it is that thing is a piece of crap! The seats were wooden benches. The steering was like you were controlling two bowling balls with some cotton string. The ride was so rough you wanted to pull your hair out....on and on and on....Oh yeah, I heard the SRT8 is fast.....zzzzz

LMAO

I'd better keep well away if we do have a race - don't want to get my beautiful car hit by a stray bumper/seat/roof rail......

·
Registered
430 Posts
The Commander is not the same thing as the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. Different vehicles entirely.

·
Registered
622 Posts
LMAO

I'd better keep well away if we do have a race - don't want to get my beautiful car hit by a stray bumper/seat/roof rail......
Being in Ireland you may remember Jeremy Clarkson/Top Gear testing the SRT8 300? against the E60 M5. He said the SRT8 "its like a channel ferry with a really big engine!" HA :biggrinbounce:.....and that was the sedan version...Man we do produce some fine crap in Detroit!<ST1:p</ST1:p

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Being in Ireland you may remember Jeremy Clarkson/Top Gear testing the SRT8 300? against the E60 M5. He said the SRT8 "its like a channel ferry with a really big engine!" HA :biggrinbounce:.....and that was the sedan version...Man we do produce some fine crap in Detroit!<st1>:p</st1>:p
I do remember! Funny!!

They do sound great though!

BTW, B757236 - you an Engineer or Pilot?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I do remember! Funny!!

They do sound great though!

BTW, B757236 - you an Engineer or Pilot?
So you must know that the 757-236 model is a BA designation...Actually, I am in Finance. Pilot only by hobby. I lived in Sweden for close to four years. I racked up around 300,000 BA miles. At that time, BA was using the 75 from Heathrow to Arlanda-best part of the trip from New York. The 75 is my "favourite"! Nice catch

1 - 20 of 51 Posts