BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm high on the list and thought this would make a nice addition to our 997, SL and Rover. My only concern is the small gas tank on uncertain fuel mileage. How far will this beast travel on the highway on 1 tank of gas? We have a vacation home and college kid both about 230 miles away and it would be ashamed to not even be able to make it one way without stopping for fuel. I realize none of the US guys have it yet so I'll look up the km/miles conversion. Thanks. I'm sure it won't go too far over 200 miles around town...

·
Registered
646 Posts
The US Manual boasts 15.9 MPG combined city/highway. I'm sure this number is running in the 400 HP mode. If you running at higher RPM and in 507 HP mode I'm sure it's considerably less. I've heard 10 to 12 MPG from other drivers. So do the math, 18.5 gallon tank x .........

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
With fair motorway driving you should be able to get around 380-400 km

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks- exactly what I was looking for. Real world driving distances are more believable than factory estimates, although I realize we alldrive differently. Sounds like this car will work for me. :M5thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
The US Manual boasts 15.9 MPG combined city/highway. I'm sure this number is running in the 400 HP mode. If you running at higher RPM and in 507 HP mode I'm sure it's considerably less. I've heard 10 to 12 MPG from other drivers. So do the math, 18.5 gallon tank x .........
Where can one obtain the US manual?

·
Registered
829 Posts
MortenDK said:
With fair motorway driving you should be able to get around 380-400 km
That's really impressive with "just" a 70l tank.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well, if you behave and go maybe 130 - 140 km/h steady you can easily get 7 km/l, and 7*62 (lets suppose you dont run it down to zero) = 434 km...

But of course.... who behaves in a M5? :hihihi:

We don't :M5rev:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
m5floyd said:
there should be a link in here somewhere...search for manual and there will be a pdf.
Thanks. I found it the European version. If anyone has a link to the US version, I would appreciate it. The BMW NA web site still does not have it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Thanks, Floyd. But your first link is to a 7-series manual, while the second is to a manual for the non-M E60 models. The e60.net site has the British version of the M5 manual.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
MRichmond said:
Thanks, Floyd. But your first link is to a 7-series manual, while the second is to a manual for the non-M E60 models. The e60.net site has the British version of the M5 manual.
sorry bout that...i have it on my computer and didn't know how to get it to you as it is 8 megs. So, i tried to find some other links to it..I forgot where I got it..
I know the OWNERS CIRCLE has it.
floyd

·
Registered
829 Posts
m5floyd said:
sorry bout that...i have it on my computer and didn't know how to get it to you as it is 8 megs. So, i tried to find some other links to it..I forgot where I got it..
I know the OWNERS CIRCLE has it.
floyd
it's on the M5board FTP server.

·
Registered
703 Posts
hal2000 said:
500hp. v10. i was expecting at least 30 mpg LOL
Me too!!!:sad1:

:haha2:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Even so, the M5 takes poor economy/efficiency to new extremes...

In the Alpina, a supercharged 530bhp V8 gives about 30mpg (US gallons) when cruising...

·
Registered
78 Posts
The fuel economy is disappointing the resultant range more so! It will interesting to see what the Alpina does actually return?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts