BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
P400 definitely fuel saver the other 2 modes is when a 335i pulls up and says lets run em 馃槀馃槀馃槀
Holy thread bump... 2006. P400 doesnt do anything for gas mileage besides forcing you to drive like a grandma. I only find it beneficial for low speed parking lots. Makes the car less jerky.

Registered
P400 definitely fuel saver the other 2 modes is when a 335i pulls up and says lets run em 馃槀馃槀馃槀
Holy thread bump... 2006. P400 doesnt do anything for gas mileage besides forcing you to drive like a grandma. I only find it beneficial for low speed parking lots. Makes the car less jerky.
Not to mention, most 335i's that pull up asking to race are probably built n54's and will wax a stock e60 m5 :/

Registered
Not to mention, most 335i's that pull up asking to race are probably built n54's and will wax a stock e60 m5 :/
Ha true... Until about 150mph but most people don't push it further than that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: N_Rob

Registered
P400 is better for cold wet conditions, snow, and ice. Sharper throttle responses are really bad in those conditions, when you don't want to drift. It's almost like the "snowflake" button on some cars with the exception that it doesn't chose 2nd gear to start from standstill.

Registered
P400 is satisfactory for me 80% of the time, these cars are just too fast to enjoy in full-trim driving to work and home.

modern dme's take a variety of input, from how much you're pressing the torque pedal to accessories, temperature etc. runs a myriad of calculations and finally request an amount of power from the engine to satisfy baseline power need plus whatever you're doing. I would have to suspect in P400 it just "simply" asks for less, the ecu is giving you a smoother drive and adequate power.

I find in any mode aside from P500 Sport the car doesn't wake up and give you what it has until you floor it beyond that first stop to the second click point, then the eco seems to finally say give me everything you got.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts