BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
from what I understand it would not be a simple reprogram but rewiring. When I heard this it was in relation to an '06 M6 so it might be different with the '08's. Then again it's just heresay, I'm not certain.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Go into I-drive menu. Under settings. Click lighting, go to Day time running lights, click on.

Done.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Cosmos,
Does that light up the angel eyes only? I thought that lit up headlamps as well.
Guess I'll try that today.

·
Registered
836 Posts
gggforce: thanks for checking

Cosmos: :p

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The angle eyes are the DRL's!! That is how it is on my M5 and M6.

·
Registered
836 Posts
maybe it's the year. Cosmos both of yours are '08 right. maybe the OP has has a prefacelifted model

·
Registered
644 Posts
Not possible on cars older than 08. M6s built prior to the facelift will turn on the "highbeam" elements next to the headlights as DRL. On ‘08 and newer cars (much like other new BMWs) the angel eyes are the daytime running lights.

-Audio

·
Registered
836 Posts
that's what I thought. The pre-facelift angel eyes are thinner so I don't think BMW thought they would put out enough light to be DRL's. It's a tradeoff. I prefer the thinner angel eye look of the prefacelifted headlamps if they are made brighter with ibrights or umnitza because on the newer ones the inner eyes tend to be brighter than the outer rings which looks weird to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i am not sure i understand Tim? the newer ones have brighter inner eyes which are brighter then outer? looking at upgrading to this with an 08, but don't want to fry everything by having them on all day...

·
Registered
836 Posts
on the '07 and earlier the inner ring of the angel eyes is smaller and slightly less bright than the outer rings. On the facelifted models the inner ring is at least equal to or bigger than the outer rings and also brighter. The brighter aspect seemed more obvious to me when a fellow board member showed some pics after changing the angel eye bulb to a brighter one. I don't remember the details but it was quite inexpensive. (a lot cheaper than the angel ibrights or umnitza available for prefacelifted headlamps)
I like the LED eyebrows of the new lights but prefer the angel eyes of the older. I have Euro lamps and love them so I'm not switching.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I agree that reular headlamps as DRL's don't look good but angel eyes alone as DRL's look great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts