BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 12s in the beast. In a sealed box. The box fits very snug in the back of my trunk, pushed up against my rear seats. But if I do any kind of aggressive driving. They always slide back, and I'm afraid there going to rip the wires out of my amplifier.

I've already tried Velcro, doesn't work :sad3:

Some people have suggested L brackets bolted to the back of the enclosure, and then to the floor. But I'm a little bit concerned about this idea? I don't really want to drill through the trunk of my car.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

And here are some pics for reference.

Thanks guys.

I just need them to stay put :mad:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
You can try to fabricate or source some sort of brackets so that they stay flat.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
You could somehow fabricate some nylon strap with a hook on the end just long enough to attach to those child safety seat hooks up top?

·
Registered
417 Posts
My sub box isn't nearly as big as your but I ended up taking out the interior trunk floor, making brackets that attached to that with a few bars going the width of the car to reinforce the brackets. I didn't want to actually drill into the car itself so that was my best option. You could also try some U-bolts coming out of the floor in front of and behind the box. Then run some nylon straps to hold it firm in place.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I secured my first box with a ratchet strap across the front of the box, and attached it to the 2 loops on the car. There are pics in my stereo thread. Once I get to a pc (iPhone now) I will post them up. You could mount 2 separate straps to the side of your box and individually attach them so you don't have a strap going across the front of your box.

·
Registered
841 Posts
velcro trust me it works, the weight of the box in addition to the sticky side of the velcro will work, I usually border the bottom of the box with it and it'll stick.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I second velcro. I bought big box of it with 2"x6" velcro strips (more than i could ever use). Stick the rougher part of the velcro under the box its impossible to move it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys!.

I went ahead and put some L brackets on it. And so far they have held up! If they fail I will resort to the velcro!

thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts