BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer got his first two allocation - week 37 and week 39 builds. I am third on the list - when can I expect to see my allocation? It is a medium sized dealer in Washington DC area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
I don't know. What I do know is that at a large, high-volume Canadian dealership, they would have been allocated something like 5 production slots for September, 4 for October, 3 for November and 2 for December. I understand that the highest-volume Canadian dealership (Brian Jessel in Vancouver) was allocated a whopping 6 production slots for September.

Best regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
Allocations are at the whim of BMW. Usually, your dealer has a good idea of allocations on normal models based on experience. When I bought my first BMW X5 when it first came out, the allocation did not occur as expected, and the dealer got no allocations for the month. Before and after that month he had an allocation. There were no production delays.

My dealer expects to get 3 to 5 M5s in 2006. The first by the end of the year, the second in January-March, and then one or so every other month. This may vary more or less, but it is probably a realistic guess. No one knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I friend of mine, whom is a General Manager of a dealership in Canada (low-volume dealership) said that the production slots are based on sales volumes of current year V8 and 12 cylinder sales... and there is some form of formula to it. This is based on Canadian information though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
e60beast said:
I friend of mine, whom is a General Manager of a dealership in Canada (low-volume dealership) said that the production slots are based on sales volumes of current year V8 and 12 cylinder sales... and there is some form of formula to it. This is based on Canadian information though...
I think they are also throwing into the "formula" for the M5s the pre-sold M5s with signed Purchase Orders and Deposits, as well as anticipated production, which may change dramatically from anticipated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
stominovich said:
My dealer got his first two allocation - week 37 and week 39 builds. I am third on the list - when can I expect to see my allocation? It is a medium sized dealer in Washington DC area.
Since Sept productions are weeks 36-39, you'll probably get an Oct build car assuming your dealer has allocations for build weeks 40-43.
Expect the car approx a month later. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
So do dealers get their allocations just once a month for the entire model line? Like on the 15th of each month they find out how many of which model they are allocated? And do all dealers get their allocations on the same day? Or do they each get an allocation of a specific model once a month on a specific day? .... Gosh, there could be a hundred options on how and when they are allocated by NA... All I know is that hasn't yet received an M5 allocation yet and i'm waiting for the 1st one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
Drezahl said:
So do dealers get their allocations just once a month for the entire model line? Like on the 15th of each month they find out how many of which model they are allocated? And do all dealers get their allocations on the same day? Or do they each get an allocation of a specific model once a month on a specific day? .... Gosh, there could be a hundred options on how and when they are allocated by NA... All I know is that hasn't yet received an M5 allocation yet and i'm waiting for the 1st one.
No. No. No. No. Yes. :haha:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top