BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

What do I have to do to change the 2007 yellow/orange turn signal light into the 2008 clear signal light? I am located in GA, do any of you know where I can bring my car to get the headlights modified?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me rephrase the question: What do I do to change the 2007 ugly amber headlamp corner reflector to the silverish/white color like the ones on the 08/09 M6? Where can I go to have the job done in Atlanta, GA?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
You can swap out the headlight assemblies, so yes it can be done for LCI (2009 - 2010) parts but its over $1000 as I recall seeing from posting here on the Board.

Another option is to put sticker over the amber side reflector. A number of members have done that. Do a search and you should get some sources for the sticker and also the pain and expense of going whole hog and putting in late model assemblies.

Good luck, and take heart that you means that you don't have the orange reflector in the front wheel arch.

BTW - both of these ugly amber reflectors are U.S. only afflictions. Europeans are not cursed with them any model years.

Hey, if you have a 2008 why are you asking about 2007 reflectors? I'm confused....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
...BTW - both of these ugly amber reflectors are U.S. only afflictions. Europeans are not cursed with them any model years.
Amber is coming back for 2011 -- it's the new "clear"... I hope everyone saved all their yanked yellow gear or they will be stuck out-of-style...

LCI owners? Eat your hearts out.. :p

-b.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
What headlight parts do I need to get rid of the amber headlamp corner reflector? I saw these online on eBay. BMW Genuine E63 E64 Euro Clear Bi-Xenon AHL HEADLAMPS: eBay Motors (item 170042114773 end time Dec-01-10 09:24:16 PST) Do I just plug those in and take out the old headlights? Do any of you know a cheaper place to buy the whole headlight unit?
Yes, those do look like the Euro version of the 2005 - 2007 headlights. Not cheap eh? For a pre-LCI car these would likely be the most straight forward replacement items.

To replace with OEM LCI headlights is also expensive and I'll let members who have actually done this chime in as to the steps/pain involved.

Good hunting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts