BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently bought my f10 m5 which came with the mufflers already deleted. I want to make it louder because it’s too quiet for me with just a muffler delete. I looked around in the forums and people are saying that removing the catalytic converters could be bad sometimes. I also looked at a resonator delete, and saw the same thing. I’m not sure about what to do but as of right now I don’t want to buy a whole new exhaust system yet.
Please give me suggestions on what I should do.
Thank you

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've changed the downpipes on my F13 M6 and there is a clear increase in noice and performance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed AMS Alpha Performance Catted downpipes and it made all the difference in the world. Increased throttle response and the car sounds so much better. I am about to swap out the rear mufflers for Dinan and that should make it sound proper. Coming form my E60 M5 and Eisenmann exhaust, nothing will ever sound as good, but this is as good as the turbo form will sound.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As TecasCanuck I also come from E60m5 (secondary cats and resonator delete, SuperSprint X-pipe and Eisenmann Sport mufflers = LOUD). I didn't experience any drone on the M5, but re the Fx series I couldn't tell (out of experience)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts