BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fancied a B8 4.6 rag top ever :M5rev: since I had a paper round. I think its time to take the plunge and replace the TVR.:M5launch:

Where do I find one of these things and what should I be looking for/what should I be paying?

B9 Boy

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gustav said:
Ive seen one Technoviolet for aroybd €23 000 with around 100 000 km on it.
Where is it advertised?
:)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
you will be lucky to find one there wasnt that many made good luck. cherrsagai

·
Registered
299 Posts
There is a nice one to sell on mobile.de . it has run 93.000 kms, cost around 31.500 Euros and is equipped with E39 wheels in 18"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks pretty tasty.:cool:

Whats the crack with then registering it in the UK-
do I pay VAT or something?:sad1:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
no just go and buy it when you do the transfer of log book for car you will get number plates with an expiry date and you will be able to buy insurance to cover you to get the car to uk it costs about 50 euros for a month, then drive back register with dvla and thats it. you may have to put it through some test to say your car is up to uk spec that costs about 200 pounds to sort it all out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can live with that.

Just need to learn how to speak German now then.:7:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
if you are serious about buying and need help i can arrange something for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know a man that can do you?

I take it he sources to order?

I have never agreed with letting someone source a car for me in the past as it gives them the opportunity to charge what they want and you lose your bargaining power. Having said that these things arent for sale on every street corner so perhaps this may prove to be my only option?

Do you know what he charges??

B9 boy

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:M5thumbs: Now that looks wicked!

I just need a labrador now, I want to see the Impreza/Evo drivers face when I smoke him with my dog looking back at him!!:byee55amg

You know I hadnt thought about a Touring but that looks like a proper Q car. Is £17,000 (25,000 Euro about right?)

B9 boy

·
Registered
787 Posts
B9 boy said:
:M5thumbs: Now that looks wicked!

I just need a labrador now, I want to see the Impreza/Evo drivers face when I smoke him with my dog looking back at him!!:byee55amg

You know I hadnt thought about a Touring but that looks like a proper Q car. Is £17,000 (25,000 Euro about right?)

B9 boy

Heheheh That would be cool.:)

16,945.3 GBP to be exact www.x-rates.com

·
Registered
787 Posts
Gustav

Come to think of it, didn't B8Guru also have this one a short period of time, before he found his current B8 cab?

carl

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had an E36 M3 Evo a little while ago before swapping it for an E39 M5. What sort of performance :M5rev: can you expect from a B8 compared to these two cars. The power doesnt seem much different to an M3 but it reads a lot torquier but the performance figures dont seem much better (if any better) than an M3.

B9 boy

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
the man charges 1k and yes the b8 4.6 pisses all over any e36 m3.

·
Registered
787 Posts
m5 killer said:
and yes the b8 4.6 pisses all over any e36 m3.

hehhehehehe :wroom: I was shocked by the performance of the B8.

B8Guru's B8 even had more torgue than several E39 M5s on the Kelleners dyno! Which I think is VERY impressive considering that it is an old fashion engine and had less displacement... Just amazing! mmmmmm So sticking such an engine in a relatively light and small chassis just has to be GREAT!

carl

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know of a B8 for sale in the UK then?:flag:

My preference is to find one in the UK if thats possible. It not, its off to Germany we go (with a trip to the 'Ring on the way home!):M5rev:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts