BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right guys, I've done it before, but for some reason I cannot get the small diagnostic cable that is inside the OBDII port enclosure to go back in correctly so that the door will shut. I'm losing my mind! I've tried every different way I can think of and it just won't go back in to all me to close the door properly. I feel like I'm on the verge of breaking the plastic door off. Can someone please post a pic of how it's supposed to look when the cable is folded and placed correctly beside or in front of the OBDII port? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
First of all, it looks like there is something plugged into your OBDII port because it doesn't look right. There should be holes for the pins on a connector to go into.

Grab a hold of the black piece that is CONNECTED INTO YOUR OBDII port and take it out. Should just pull out very easily.

Then, just close the hinged door shut.

To my knowledge all OBDII ports on the E60 M5 are the same -regardless- of country spec. So my united states spec M5 OBDII port is the exact same as your (whatever country spec E60 M5) OBDII port. If I am wrong then that will explain why it looks different and why I think there is something plugged into your OBDII port in the photo.

So, try pulling it out then close the door.. problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts