BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely looks like the car to own to me. I've started looking into buying one and am being told the waiting lists have 30 people, or about 3 years worth of people on them already.

How best can I buy an M5? Has anyone bought one in less than a year? Is that possible or not, and should I be looking somewhere else in the country?

Any insight greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
52 Posts
May be you should order it in Germany directly and make a nice vacation in Europe to pick it up. It might be also cheaper because the US dollar is quite high compared to the Euro or German mark. If you drive the car during your vacation here, you also import an used car to the States and this might be also a possibility to get it cheaper (or have a nice holiday for free ;-)).

·
Registered
102 Posts
You may also want to check on e-bay. I have never bought anything through them, but they usually have new and/or very low mileage M5's listed.

As for buying in Europe, I suspect you may encounter a number of headaches if you try to buy direct from a dealer in Europe and ship the car to the US. I live in Europe, so I of course bought mine here. But, as I may move back to the US in the not to distant future, I asked about bringing it to the states when/if the time comes. I was told that there is a morass of paperwork, and I may need to do some mods to the brakes (floating vs. fixed rotors). I would make sure you know exactly what you are in for before you make a decision to buy abroad. Having said that, there appear to be some incredibly good buys on 1 year old M5s being sold in Germany (in particular).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts