BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen his car - isn't the fastest and I am guessing he isn't the greatest driver out of everyone there. What gives him the edge?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree with you. Ive seen videos of him driving, Not a SAFE driver, but very serious and he takes risk that the normal person probably wouldnt. In all the videos I never see him wearing a seat-belt, nor do i see him ever take the lives of other drivers on the road into consideration. He pulls some amazing stunts, but what gumball driver doesnt? He seems to be the only driver most of the time, so i dont understand how he pulls that off either, considering its 14 hour stints at some points. Now, if hes a good endurance driver, which i could very well see possibly, it'd make more sense. I drove non-stop from New York to Chicago in under 11 hours, and then from Nashville to New York in under 12 hours. I was tired, but I could do it. He may very well be the same, he may have just grown accustom to such driving sessions. To the point as to how he aways "wins". He doesnt always "WIN", but i agree, he comes in first a few times. Unless a plane comes picks his car up and dropps him off a few miles from destintation, I truely believe he drives those stints and makes it first for a reason. He drivers VERY fast, and thats a lot of the reason why he does come first. He takes risks a normal person wouldn't. As seen in last year's race, he out ran cops on a few occassions, in instances where the road was blocked even. Just his sure craziness and lack of consideration for others on the road gives him the advantage. If i had the money to wreck the number of mercs he has, hell, I'd do it too; IF i was on the road ALONE and only my life as at risk. I would kill myself If i took another life on the road due to me careless actions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His "CL3000" ouich is obviously a fast car, good for long distance crusing. From the photos on his website I think he is often driving with at least one or two of his friends. Also it seems that he has a "back up" car available much of the time.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
It is impressive, since it is only a standard CL500 V8. If it was a CL600 Biturbo V-12 I would be not that impressed, but be close to a Porsche 996 GT2 is actually impressive in what seems to be a standard CL500!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
You've got it all wrong. The fact is he wins because the car doesn't go that fast and looks pretty ordinary. Think about it:

Lonman et al are doing 180mph in outrageous sports cars the cops jump all over the first 10 cars and pull them over for a few hours. This means that Kimble can cruise past and just keep going.

If your a police officer a Mercedes CL doing 150mph on the road is nothing compared to a gang of Ferraris and Porsche's doing 190mph.

It's a classic example of the hare and the turtle. Doing the rally in something half fast and relatively "plain looking" works out faster in the long run. Look at the diesel 3 Series. Not nearly as fast as some of the cars on the rally but it's able to do a decent speed constantly for a longer time and go unnoticed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Andy- That is a good point however the cars are covered in stickers and it is pretty obvious that they are ALL involved in a road event. Kimble even said he spent about USD10000 on the cops on the rally, in my opinion that is not mere speeding tickets but a combination of that and bribes.

I think it is the fact that Kimble is quite wreckless, he drove on the promenade to beat Ant and Pete, he crashed into another car to get in front of Ant and Pete when he could have waited 30 seconds and safely try to pass them. He also went down a dual carriage-way on the wrong side to get in front of Ant and Pete... And he pushes his car to the limit pretty much all the time. It is also the fact that he can simply pay off the cops and they'll then let him on his way.. All except the Spanish hiha

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My excuses for slightly changing the subject in this thread, but how's Kimble's Ultimate Rally coming along?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Kimble does so well because he can drive and has the balls to go flat out.
Having been on two events with Kimble and Lonman, in my opinion these guys are the fastest drivers on any event. No question.
It is just down to fast cars great skill and big big BALLS!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Andy-UK said:
You've got it all wrong. The fact is he wins because the car doesn't go that fast and looks pretty ordinary. Think about it:

Lonman et al are doing 180mph in outrageous sports cars the cops jump all over the first 10 cars and pull them over for a few hours. This means that Kimble can cruise past and just keep going.

If your a police officer a Mercedes CL doing 150mph on the road is nothing compared to a gang of Ferraris and Porsche's doing 190mph.

It's a classic example of the hare and the turtle. Doing the rally in something half fast and relatively "plain looking" works out faster in the long run. Look at the diesel 3 Series. Not nearly as fast as some of the cars on the rally but it's able to do a decent speed constantly for a longer time and go unnoticed.

Very true, I did the Cannonball in a standard Saab Turbo last year and we were arriving at the checkpoints in the top 15 -20, beating cars that were a lot faster than ours,
and why?

1. We didn't get lost!
2. We didn't get stopped as many times as everyone else.
3. We didn't have to fill up as many times as the more powerful cars.

It's amazing how far you can travel in the time it takes to fill a tank!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Slope said:
Very true, I did the Cannonball in a standard Saab Turbo last year and we were arriving at the checkpoints in the top 15 -20, beating cars that were a lot faster than ours,
and why?

1. We didn't get lost!
2. We didn't get stopped as many times as everyone else.
3. We didn't have to fill up as many times as the more powerful cars.

It's amazing how far you can travel in the time it takes to fill a tank!
Kimb;e makes it first because.

Yes he didnt get lost
He doesn't stop fpr anything and when he does he pays
He drives to the max
He doesn't have to fill up as much
His car is 'more normal' than the other sports cars

So he is first (which does not exist in fact). Big deal! Its not a race its a rally so lets all have fun!!

Mussy

·
Banned
267 Posts
I cant see the problem.

There are a few things I have learned about him.

1) he is flamboyant
2) he cares little for safety
3) he takes risks
4) he has cash to get himself out of trouble
5) he spends wildly
6) he is able and willing to lavish his money on his mates

Sounds perfect to me, only wish i could do the same.
As for his driving, it seems to me his choice of car is in fact a good one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
n-n-n-n said:
I've seen his car - isn't the fastest and I am guessing he isn't the greatest driver out of everyone there. What gives him the edge?
1. I am the greatest driver out there.
2. I dont like to lose and I am a natural born winner.
3. All the greatest drivers on this planet are related to my genpool.
4. When I was 5 years old I was hit by thunder and since then my selfconfidence is 5875% above average.
5. When I was 12 old I joined the childrens army of disney and in my search for bambi I had sex with the wizard of OZ who gave me "brain V3.0" which makes me superior over all of you, you little scumbags.
6. When I was 16 years old I was obducted by aliens and geneticly modified so my body would have the perfect shape to fill that Benz seat.
7. I am the King of the Kimpire. I own you all.
8. I am the greatest driver out there.
9. I watched colt sievers, captain future and mac guyver. They teached me how to solve any problem.
10. I am the greatest driver out there.
10 - 100. I am the greatest driver out there.

May the flamewar begin :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Kimble said:
1. I am the greatest driver out there.
2. I dont like to lose and I am a natural born winner.
3. All the greatest drivers on this planet are related to my genpool.
4. When I was 5 years old I was hit by thunder and since then my selfconfidence is 5875% above average.
5. When I was 12 old I joined the childrens army of disney and in my search for bambi I had sex with the wizard of OZ who gave me "brain V3.0" which makes me superior over all of you, you little scumbags.
6. When I was 16 years old I was obducted by aliens and geneticly modified so my body would have the perfect shape to fill that Benz seat.
7. I am the King of the Kimpire. I own you all.
8. I am the greatest driver out there.
9. I watched colt sievers, captain future and mac guyver. They teached me how to solve any problem.
10. I am the greatest driver out there.
10 - 100. I am the greatest driver out there.

May the flamewar begin :)
Hmmm...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kimble said:
Unlucky for you that was a long time ago, when you were 16 years old. :hihi:

just kidding off courz ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts