BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
examining the way the turn signal work on the E39, it is obviously not an analog operated mechanism but cpu controlled.,
any idead what/ how should i program the LCM to make it one-touch turn signal?
(i.e.one touch on the blinker handle will make the blinker blink 3/5 times at the requested direction)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I’m not sure you can program the LCM. mine does it via the Intravee, so either one of those or possibly a modlight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
This wont be a programable feature in LCM 3 / 3B / 4?

iBUS manipulator will need to be located in series to the LCM?
I've never seen it in the LCM's, and I remember looking pretty thoroughly.

It would have to be connected somewhere into the iBUS, easiest location is the 3 pin plug from the CD Changer.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
examining the way the turn signal work on the E39, it is obviously not an analog operated mechanism but cpu controlled.,
Why do you say that? Or are you hoping? I am more than curious what you have found. Although the E39 LCM has some smart features shared with the E38 most of it has the identical wiring of the E34 and that was all dumb switches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't think there is a way to do it other than IBUS. I do it with an android head unit and the ibus app tapped into the car with the resler interface.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do you say that? Or are you hoping? I am more than curious what you have found. Although the E39 LCM has some smart features shared with the E38 most of it has the identical wiring of the E34 and that was all dumb switches.

I have not examined yet the electrical wiring diagrams nor the LCM source code (not coding options) but you could conclude this easily in the following ways:
1. the control over the signal lights is done completely discrete (all by the LCM), this is true to all lights on the E39 actually.

2. you can change status of all lights using SW only (i am using BMW 140 but NCS would probably be better)
3. check timings and delay when operating the turn signal lever - there is no-correlation between the frequency of hitting the lever vs. the amount of signals it'll yield.
4. there is a correlation between every "valid" turn signal lever hit and the delay from a single-light flicker of the turn signal
5. same like 4, only for the hazard lights, where you do have the ability to control the type of flashing (duty cycle and frequency)

From the above i would look for the function that operates the turning signals and (hopefully) find that the flash# is a parameter.

Any ideas how to get the source code for the LCM? (LCM3 / 4)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts