BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just got word that the M6 Cabrio and M5 Touring will make their world debut at Frankfurt. There will also be a still secret M concept car. My guess is that it will be the M roadster.

Millie

·
Registered
540 Posts
Also heard about M6 Cabrio and M5 Touring, but sources here suggest t may be a M3 Saloon Concept shown aswell

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
M division is alive and well. I just hope that the brand is not getting diluted. It should remain a 'halo' brand within a brand.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I also think that the secret concept car will be the Z4 coupé. The E90 isn't on the market long enough to already get an M-version.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah..its a still secret M Concept car. and its not the M roadster. its the M1.

M1 will not be based on the 1series, instead its an M1 supercar.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
solard said:
yeah..its a still secret M Concept car. and its not the M roadster. its the M1.

M1 will not be based on the 1series, instead its an M1 supercar.
I would guess that's the surprise. Now, the question I have is will they use a 'tuned' version of the V10, and how much HP will it make??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Because they are different cars..

There will be a Z4 M.. which is the normal Z4 which M have gone mad on..
Suspension.. body kit, interior and quite obviously the engine.. which will hopefully be the 330 kW V8 thats destined for the M3..

Then there will also be a new M Coupe.. just like the last one that was based on the Z3.. this time it will be based on the Z4.. the only proble is whether its going to be called MCoupe once again or the rumored Z5 Coupe.. also powered by the beast!

AnthonySoete said:
A Z4 Coupé (Z5?) is very likely as well. Why not a Z4 M Coupé concept car?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Im not so sure there will be a supercar. Not long ago BMW said they wont be a supercar since there is no profit in it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
So... to be showed

1.) Z4 M... definatley
2.) New M Coupe/Z5 Coupe.. likely or maybe Geneva
3.) M5 Touring?? No idea.. somehow still dont think they will make one..
4.) M3 Saloon concept/design-study.. likely
5.) New M Supercar.. unlikely.. though one is MOST definatley in the works!

6.) 335i.. MOST definatley (with 250 odd kW!!)
7.) 135iS/M1.. likley or maybe Geneva

and finally..

8.) 3 series Coupe.. surely this will be the preview show??

What do you think??

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I was at the PC picking up the M3 Friday and took a tour of the X5/Z4 factory. A couple of interesting covered up vehicles there, and we could not go to the Z4 section at all due to "vehicle that enters production next year".

One of the covered vehicles was quite large, definitely larger than the X5, so I am suspecting the new X5 or X7 if they change the name. I was impressed with the size difference. The other, couldn't have been anything other than the M coupe. It was up on a large cart so it was hard to tell alot about it, but you could tell it was the shape of a coupe/touring (like the last M coupe) and had that long Z4 front end.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh yes.. I forgot about that..

Maybe we will finally see these R5 or R7 MPV's...

Think that is quite possible then too.. not an X7.. they wont make one.. no point!

And I think its finally proof now that you have seen.. new M Coupe/ Z5 Coupe is on the way!! With 330 kW V8 or CSL engine to boot!

Its going to fly!! Like no Bemmer before!! 0-100 kph at 4.0 - 4.2 secs DEFINATLEY!!

vndkshn said:
I was at the PC picking up the M3 Friday and took a tour of the X5/Z4 factory. A couple of interesting covered up vehicles there, and we could not go to the Z4 section at all due to "vehicle that enters production next year".

One of the covered vehicles was quite large, definitely larger than the X5, so I am suspecting the new X5 or X7 if they change the name. I was impressed with the size difference. The other, couldn't have been anything other than the M coupe. It was up on a large cart so it was hard to tell alot about it, but you could tell it was the shape of a coupe/touring (like the last M coupe) and had that long Z4 front end.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Think you saw this..

T
vndkshn said:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
The car at Spartanburg will almost certainly have been the new (longer) X5.

The new V-series cars are to be built in Europe, as I understand it, since this is where the main market is likely to be.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No that is no X5 or longer wheel base X5 and certainly not a 5 series touring..

Those are a new class of cars BMW are going to start.. based on the 3 series and 5 series platforms.. they are MPV's.. they will only be X-Drive 4 wheel-drive powered by 3.0L I6 or 4.0L V8 (from 540i and 740i) and 5.0L V8 (from 550i and 750i)

They reckon to be called R5 for the smaller version and R7 for the bigger version.. they will also compete funny enough with mercs new R Class

hythe said:
The car at Spartanburg will almost certainly have been the new (longer) X5.

The new V-series cars are to be built in Europe, as I understand it, since this is where the main market is likely to be.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
greggb said:
No that is no X5 or longer wheel base X5 and certainly not a 5 series touring..

Those are a new class of cars BMW are going to start.. based on the 3 series and 5 series platforms.. they are MPV's.. they will only be X-Drive 4 wheel-drive powered by 3.0L I6 or 4.0L V8 (from 540i and 740i) and 5.0L V8 (from 550i and 750i)

They reckon to be called R5 for the smaller version and R7 for the bigger version.. they will also compete funny enough with mercs new R Class

Actually, I was referring to vndkshn's sighting at Spartanburg, under the tarpaulin...

The UK mags reported the MPV was to be called V5, etc, rather than R5, but who knows (or cares...)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts