BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :rolleyes:

Im a new member in this forum and i want to ask some ?

I have ordered a eisenmann race exhaust, eisenmann x pipe and eisenmann secondary catalytic converter.

Any one know how many hp i will gain from those parts ?

Also i want to know whats the best ecu upgrades available ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
From what most say, I don't think you can expect much in terms of HP gains. The car will SOUND a lot better, but don't expect better performance. I have the race exhaust and I love it, but it doesn't seem any faster.

·
Registered
703 Posts
these are usually things you check BEFORE ordering...

·
Registered
930 Posts
lmola_m5 said:
Hi :rolleyes:

Also i want to know whats the best ecu upgrades available ?

Thanks
Most people in the US are going with Active Autowerke, in Europe DMS.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
jfenley said:
From what most say, I don't think you can expect much in terms of HP gains. The car will SOUND a lot better, but don't expect better performance. I have the race exhaust and I love it, but it doesn't seem any faster.
hey does it have alot of resonance in the cabin?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
jfenley said:
Slight at low rpm's. nothing bothersome.
However, the V10 is not a low-RPM engine and it does get quite loud when you rev it. Get an aftermarket exhaust if you want a good bit of extra attention, and avoid it if you don't. I personally find the stock exhaust to garner more attention than I want.

Tom

·
Registered
665 Posts
jfenley said:
Slight at low rpm's. nothing bothersome.
I just really love the race exhaust but i drive with my wife and a kid, and soon im gonna get m5 but im afraid thats its gonna dronne and have lots of resonance inside. Have to find some1 in T.O to listen to it, other than that i think its the best exhaust on the market!!! Second choise is hartge with x pipe!:M5rev:

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
MGUY said:
I just really love the race exhaust but i drive with my wife and a kid, and soon im gonna get m5 but im afraid thats its gonna dronne and have lots of resonance inside. Have to find some1 in T.O to listen to it, other than that i think its the best exhaust on the market!!! Second choise is hartge with x pipe!:M5rev:
The cabin resonates quite a bit. I don't know if this is the right exhaust for you. I am a big fan of loud exhausts, and even I get a littel tired of the noise.

'Rocket

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wanna listen to it too!

MGUY said:
I am from toronto, thinking of getting this setup. If you do get it please shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
BostonRocket said:
The cabin resonates quite a bit. I don't know if this is the right exhaust for you. I am a big fan of loud exhausts, and even I get a littel tired of the noise.

'Rocket
'Rocket: Is your M5 a daily driver?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Yes Sir! I haven't made many friends in my parking garage or at the company lot.

The noise does get a little tiring sometimes. Specifically on those weekend trips to other states and countries.

'Rocket

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
BostonRocket said:
......The noise does get a little tiring sometimes. Specifically on those weekend trips to other states and countries.

'Rocket
That's what I was afraid of. But I'm on the edge in taking the leap into the Eisenmann Race Exhaust. I guess I'll have to take it easy when the family is onboard.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Is the sport less noiser then the race?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
canysmc said:
That's what I was afraid of. But I'm on the edge in taking the leap into the Eisenmann Race Exhaust. I guess I'll have to take it easy when the family is onboard.
Just be prepared. It's not too easy to keep quiet all the time. The car certainly has a step up in sound output right around 4k. Below that though, there are spots where there is resonance.

Te other question: The Race is louder than Sport

'Rocket

·
Registered
759 Posts
i remember racetec ( eisenmann dealer in dubai ) putting ad in a car magazine claiming 50HP gain over stock with eisenmann headers and exhaust. sounds werd.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts