BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a while my little black release started getting ED, meaning i had to sort of put my finger into the grille to pull it out and release the hood to open it...Ordered a new release mechanism and installed in about two minutes (2 T27 bolts)...Totally did the trick, little lever pops right out just like new...

<table border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="r10">15</td><td class="r11">Hood catch</td><td class="r10 p1">
</td><td class="r11">1</td><td class="r10">
</td><td class="r11">
</td><td class="r10" nowrap="nowrap">51238172164</td><td class="r11" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">$25.57</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried cleaning, lubing, lubing and cleaning no good. WHith the old one next to the new one the black lever stuck out a good inch plus further...I think the little springs get weak...for 25 bucks its done and works...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Thanks! May have to do this too, mine has not come out of the grill since owning it! Thought that's as far out as it come....

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
So after a while my little black release started getting ED, meaning i had to sort of put my finger into the grille to pull it out and release the hood to open it...Ordered a new release mechanism and installed in about two minutes (2 T27 bolts)...Totally did the trick, little lever pops right out just like new...

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=r10>15</TD><TD class=r11>Hood catch</TD><TD class="r10 p1">

</TD><TD class=r11>1</TD><TD class=r10>

</TD><TD class=r11>

</TD><TD class=r10 noWrap>51238172164</TD><TD class=r11 noWrap align=right>$25.57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Good one !

Ordered !

Along with 2 of these :

TORX-BOLT WITH WASHER, ISA M6X14 51 23 816515351

Cheers

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure why you need new bolts? Not much load on them...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Not sure why you need new bolts? Not much load on them...

Yeah I know.

I am just so used to renewing everything that ever gets unscrewed, or unbolted.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Kumaran,if you compare the part number you posted to mine,you will see that yours has a few digits too much.See the 51 at the end of my quote of your post...;)

That the part number changed to the new one I posted is only on a side note...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Kumaran,if you compare the part number you posted to mine,you will see that yours has a few digits too much.See the 51 at the end of my quote of your post...;)

That the part number changed to the new one I posted is only on a side note...
Oh yes my extra 51 oops !

and here it is :

Full BMW Part Number: View All Usage View usage for E39 Saloon M5 ZA Manual RHD Quantity in Stock: Our Price (GBP Ex VAT): Dealer Price (GBP Ex VAT): Weight (g): 51 23 8165153 8 0.34 0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts