BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
funny thing happened today, last night i read about the hood latch being a problem breaking and this morning while wanting to check out my new oil filler cap to make sure its not leaking again; my hood latch cable near the handle itself snapped. HA, so it took me about an hour with the help of "search" button and former forum DIYs to remove the whole mechanism. How much are the cables at the dealer? im going to replace the bowden, centre and hood lock mechanism cable. real OEM says they're about $30 each. Also, i was going to go ahead and replace the grommets on the valve cover and i dont know how to remove the grommet on the bolt thats near the front of the valve cover, dealer might have given me the wrong grommets. I noticed on the real OEM site that there are two different grommets but it doesn't say which one goes where.

either way.. i LOVE my m5.. i drove my friends '06 RS4 (4.2L V8) and the new e90 m3, and i prefer my m5. for the obvious reasons, TORQUE! m5 driveability is much more suited with daily driving. m5 shifting is much more gated, m5 clutch feels much more connected to the driver, m5 steering feels more connected to the road, Granted the RS4 is quattro and is great around the corner, i much prefer the m5.

I guess my review is to biased as i have a Dinan S1 suspension and dinan SSK. BUT I LOVE MY M5. I know the RS4 is a great car too but it just isn't my favorite. The e90 is awesome, but the engine is too high strung and I can't stand keeping the revs above 3k to have power. everything else is awesome. especially that its new and there wouldn't be parts to replace. =(

Thanks for listen!

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
The part number for the grommet is in post #12 in the first thread of DIY Guidepost sticky. I added a second thread just now which has the part number for the bolt, too.

For parts pricing, there are a few options, one of which is Tischer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts