BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, half of the outside black ring and one of the blue quadrants is missing from my hood emblem. Has anyone ever replaced this piece and if so, how do you "safely" remove and replace?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Small screw driver a piece of cloth (to protect paint) to leverage and it pops right out. Fairly easy!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
as dino said...
I just replaced the rear, didnt even need a screwdriver, just got my fingernails in there and it popped right off.
Mine is half unglued on the front, time to order that one up :\
Matt

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
a better underground for the screwdriver thing is a creditcard type off plastic.its more resistant for a litlle ding then just the cloth..:M5thumbs:

other thing you can do is take a piece off fishingline and pull it under there. dont saw, just pull. then other side same thing until it comes off.then you dont have the risk for dings at all.

:byee55amg

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Small screw driver a piece of cloth (to protect paint) to leverage and it pops right out. Fairly easy!!!
Never, ever use a screwdriver for this. Use a plastic band the type that is used for wrapping parcels (thin and wide) get it under the roundel and it will pop up quite easy. Dental floss can also be used make it double but its not as good as the thin plastic band.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Never, ever use a screwdriver for this. Use a plastic band the type that is used for wrapping parcels (thin and wide) get it under the roundel and it will pop up quite easy. Dental floss can also be used make it double but its not as good as the thin plastic band.
++1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts