BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
verhagke said:
Yep, I have a 2000 M5. Bought it two months ago and have been having so much fun that I haven't even had the time to upload any pics :hihi:
Het is voor mij ook de beste BMW die ik heb gehad hiervoor de M3 toen de M5

super wagens en een genot om in te rijdenlovelove

·
Registered
100 Posts
Me too! Haven't seen much of them in our country, only "met" one other M5 while driving mine since I bought it in the beginning of this year. He (silver M5) was behind me through a corner, then pulled up next to me on the freeway. We both smiled and thumbed-up each other and then he took off at very illegal speeds (I was driving casually) :flag: We both had our girlfriends/wives next to us.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leiden is next to the place where I live maybe 10km

I love the color of your car

there are a few blue M5's in Holland I think most of them are black

I have found a M5 in Germany I could not find a silverstone or a blue M5 in holland

But I have found my 2000 blue beast with two tone full options even with leder on the dash :thumbsup:

Perfect

So that makes 3 people from Holland on the board and maybe more:7:

·
Registered
100 Posts
So you have a normal blue or a Le Mans Blue too? It was my wife who made me buy the LMB, I was looking at carbon black M5's but she thought the black was boring. After getting used to the idea of having such a "flashy" car I'm extremely happy she convinced me :).

I actually forgot that someone in Leiden has a white '99 or '00 M5 (I think, doesn't have widescreen nav unit and has old steering wheel). The white color looks cheap in daylight IMHO but at night it does reflect all the lights in a very nice way (he parked in a street I used to live in so I walked by it almost every day while I was searching for my own M5 - that was torture ouich).

And I've seen a (carbon?) black M5 with belgian plates a few times here in Leiden, and once a silver one about a year ago. But I guess none of the cars mentioned are owned by boardmembers :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vinz said:
So you have a normal blue or a Le Mans Blue too? It was my wife who made me buy the LMB, I was looking at carbon black M5's but she thought the black was boring. After getting used to the idea of having such a "flashy" car I'm extremely happy she convinced me :).

I actually forgot that someone in Leiden has a white '99 or '00 M5 (I think, doesn't have widescreen nav unit and has old steering wheel). The white color looks cheap in daylight IMHO but at night it does reflect all the lights in a very nice way (he parked in a street I used to live in so I walked by it almost every day while I was searching for my own M5 - that was torture ouich).

And I've seen a (carbon?) black M5 with belgian plates a few times here in Leiden, and once a silver one about a year ago. But I guess none of the cars mentioned are owned by boardmembers :rolleyes: .
I have the avus blue color with black windows and Schnitzer lowering dampers with the Schnitzer exhaust

I have been in Leiden last week maybe I see you sometimes:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kees said:
Dutch kinggf
Hello people

Now I want to ask something what kind of fuel do you use

the 95 or the 98 for the M5 :confused:

Normaly the 98 Shell but they only have the V-power and that is not 98??

Is it bad to use 95 the manuel say it runs on 95 but the 98 is more power full

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ah, Avus is nice too :)

I always tank Shell V-Power. Officially it's still 95 RON, unofficially it's supposed to be 97-98 RON, depending on who you ask. And the cleaning-your-engine-mumbo-jumbo actually works somewhat according to lots of people. Living 250m from a Shell station doesn't hurt either ;) Apparently, super plus (98) fuel didn't sell so well in NL (absurdly high fuel prices anyone?), and Shell wanted to avoid people thinking that V-Power is just a rebadged super plus, so that's why they labeled it as 95 RON, even though it is more than that. They still claim a performance difference in their advertising though.

It's not bad to run 95 fuel, all the sophisticated engine management gizmos will automatically compensate. However, your engine is well equipped to get more power out of higher octane fuels, so you should feel a difference.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I`m Dutch but don`t have an M5. I`m looking for the perfect one!

Call me crazy but i`m starting too mod it even i don`t have one.

Vmax modul from kelleners
Eisenmann exhaust 76mm Export version
Sachs Race clutch

Joxer

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some mods

I am now thinking about a x-pipe must be a grade mod for not much money
and some extra HP and sound

Are there no good M5 tuners in Holland like Dinan???

thanks guys for the answers

ps Ans Joxer get one real fast the M5 is a dream to drive:flag:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hope to join the gang real soon.

I have my eyes on a german 01 in Oxford, that`s the only downside because
My last E39 i had for 4 years was Oxford. so i like something new.

Joxer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts