BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Holland I have to pay 130.000.- euro's for the beast while our neighbours ( Germany) pay 86.000.- euro's incl. VAT,.:sad2:

That's almost 45.000.- euro's more...And I think that's a lot of mony...isn't it??

Because they dont let me drive here with german plates while having a dutch driving lisence, it makes me wanne move to Germany.

Any suggestions??:confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts
seckindogan said:
In Holland I have to pay 130.000.- euro's for the beast while our neighbours ( Germany) pay 86.000.- euro's incl. VAT,.:sad2:

That's almost 45.000.- euro's more...And I think that's a lot of mony...isn't it??

Because they dont let me drive here with german plates while having a dutch driving lisence, it makes me wanne move to Germany.

Im from Denmark so I know how u feel :(

Thinking of moving to Sweden myself because of their low prices

·
Registered
277 Posts
seckindogan said:

Dont move to Finland... The old e39 M5 was 100.000€ but I dont know about the new one thought.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mardeth said:
Dont move to Finland... The old e39 M5 was 100.000€ but I dont know about the new one thought.
E39 M5 was 110.000,00 euros in 2003 + options. The new E60 M5 is 136.900,00 euros + options... In Finland, that is. :sad1:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
seckindogan said:

Move. Soon! Life is too short to live in a place where the government financially prohibits you from owning an M5. It's strange that they use military force to remove Saddam when the real oppressed people are in Holland.

Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
rahulchand said:
I always thought Europe was united now. Why is there such a big difference in price when currency is the same?
Local taxes may differ. It's up to every country for themselves to decide on local taxation.

Denmark, Greece, Finland and (I think, can't be bothered to check this) Ireland lead the way on robbing the motorists. Holland seems to be quite good at it also.

Germany & Sweden put only a normal VAT on the price.

Finns put on top of the CIF price VAT + car tax (28% of the resale value) + VAT again on the whole lot -> 136 900 EUR. Yeah, they've changed the system after the state was sued to EU court and lost on used import car taxation, so the prices dropped a bit, but this system also is somewhat illegal and another case is ongoing. But hey, as long as the state is not convicted, it can still collect the tax.

Oh, and the currency isn't the same for the whole EU. Eg. Danes and Swedes still have their Kroners, while we up here have Euros, like the Germans and Dutch.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
For once in the UK it looks like we have a competitive price with the list price of the E60 M5 being 89K Euros including Sat Nav, HUD etc

·
Registered
776 Posts
seckindogan said:

Dont worry Finland is still NO:1 with 138000 euros for the new M5! :happybirt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Been lurking for ages but got curious on this one. What's the cheapest country in EU/UK area for m3/m5 or other performance cars. Probably moving over in 05 so might add this info to the "where to" decision!! ;)

Cheers :cheers:
Krit

·
Registered
397 Posts
Krit said:
Hi guys,

Been lurking for ages but got curious on this one. What's the cheapest country in EU/UK area for m3/m5 or other performance cars. Probably moving over in 05 so might add this info to the "where to" decision!! ;)

Cheers :cheers:
Krit
I would say Sweden or Germany

www.mobile.de is a good way 2 tjeck the prices

If u are goind for brand new buy it in Denmark and then export it 2 the country of your liking. The prices here for are new car is generally lower then the rest of Europe because of our insane tax system.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know that there are smal (but effective) Dutch enclaves just across the Dutch/German border. Not just the cars are much cheaper but also the houses!

If it wasn't a big trouble for work I would consider moving over there...

Guust

·
Registered
42 Posts
KIP said:
Dont worry Finland is still NO:1 with 138000 euros for the new M5! :happybirt
We here at Hong Kong still have not officially release the price for the new M5 yet, but I am 100 and 10 % sure that it will top Finland in this category. The old M5 was selling at around 1.1 million HKD which is approx. 140k USD. The E46 M3 is going for approx. 90k USD now.

Not to mention the maintance cost, park lot rent, gas etc...

·
Registered
14 Posts
@ seckindogan vbmenu_register("postmenu_467611", true);

Well there is a "legal" way to avoid the dutch taxes like bpm. It works just like this. If you know someone (for example your girlfriend who is living in Germany) and she has plans to move to Holland and become a dutch citizen than you can do the following. You give her the money and she buys a new bmw m5 for you in off course Germany. After that she moves to Holland. After 6 months living in Holland she can sell the car to a different person. Just that easy!

Note: avoiding taxes is legal! evading taxes is illegal!

TIP: don't experimente with this, if you've a very young relationship! :haha:

For more legal advice; you have to pay! :byee55amg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stop whining all! And think on our Danish friends who pay 230.000 Euro for the M5. Base price! Fully equipped it´s nearly 270.000 Euro. ouich

Niclas

·
Registered
885 Posts
van klaveren said:
@ seckindogan vbmenu_register("postmenu_467611", true);

Well there is a "legal" way to avoid the dutch taxes like bpm. It works just like this. If you know someone (for example your girlfriend who is living in Germany) and she has plans to move to Holland and become a dutch citizen than you can do the following. You give her the money and she buys a new bmw m5 for you in off course Germany. After that she moves to Holland. After 6 months living in Holland she can sell the car to a different person. Just that easy!

Note: avoiding taxes is legal! evading taxes is illegal!

TIP: don't experimente with this, if you've a very young relationship! :haha:

For more legal advice; you have to pay! :byee55amg
That's a nice new bussiness idea!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts