BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This crossed my mind recently when I was thinking about build dates.

Also, any special events happened to you during this time?

Mine is April of 2000. I was 15 and still learning English. April also marked 1 year of my coming to the US.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My 2002 M5 has a build date of 10/01.
I had turned 40 years old at the end of that past August.
I was recently divorced and living in Mexico while employed as the GM of a division of a large US based electronics manufacturer.
For obvious reasons (9/11), I will never forget that time in my life.

Al. Wise

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i was 23 and saveing up to buy a beast i fell in love with her the firsttime i laid eyes on her then i drove one and it became apparent to me that i needed an m5

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
32, married, no kids yet, working at same location, living in former house

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was 21 and already drooling over the fastest sedan on the planet.

Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
In 7/2001 I was 14-years old and about to become a freshman in highschool. My family's house burned down 6 months prior; WW2OL had been online for less than a month; and of course 9/11 was just on the horizon. Those are the biggest, most memorable three events in my life surrounding my car's production date. I sometimes find myself in denial that 2001 was really that long ago; it seems like yesterday. Okay, maybe the day before yesterday, but still... :dunno:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I was 16 at the time. so this would have been my first car had I known what it was back then! I was still into aircooled VW's

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow, there are some young beast owners in this thread.

I was 25 when mine was being built and in dental school hating every second of it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
18 when it came out bought it when I was 21

·
Registered
427 Posts
15 and sophomore in high school :eek:. I lusted after the car (as well as the E46 M3 that just came out). I remember making myself a promise that by the age of 26, I'd be able to have an E46 M3 :p.

·
Registered
323 Posts
04/00, I was celebrating my 12th wedding anniversary and my son's 11th birthday. My MIL was very ill and living with me and I was in a cast with a badly broken left foot and a partially torn Achille's tendon. I remember the doctor saying that I may never drive a manual vehicle again. LOL look at me now!

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
I was 65. In Ireland and contemplating flying RyanAir to Germany to look at it being built. Didn't though ...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was 17, just starting my final year of high school.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I was 30. Finally decided to buy a car for myself that was fun to drive. At the time my daily driver was an F150.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I was 19 and my friends dad had just got his when they first came out in 99'. Then a few years later my friend got an e46 M3, that was it I said I don't care what it takes I am getting an ///M.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts