BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my second week of ownership of my first M5 a 2002 Lemans Blue.

Just noticed while playing CDs that there is a flashing white "TP" in the upper right corner of the left half of the split screen which also displays CD track info.

What does this flashing "TP" mean ?

Good thing ? Bad thing ? Irrelevant ?

Thanks,
GR

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have seen that before but can't recall why or what it meant.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Isn't TP related to the traffic warning system thing?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not found definition of TP in the manual I got with the car or the PDF manual I found on-line.

So, still a mystery.

But will keep on.

Thanks,
GR

·
Registered
287 Posts
TP is traffic program. I think if i remember correctly, it gives you realtime traffic updates. I believe there has to be a traffic program in place for it to work and i dont think the US has one yet. Its flashing cause you inadvertantly turned it on and its searching for a signal. I believe the info button is the one that turns it on or off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
baf3472 said:
TP is traffic program. I think if i remember correctly, it gives you realtime traffic updates. I believe there has to be a traffic program in place for it to work and i dont think the US has one yet. Its flashing cause you inadvertantly turned it on and its searching for a signal. I believe the info button is the one that turns it on or off.
Thanks all for your help.

Just that flashing symbols make me concerned.

baf3472 was right on the money, thanks.

I hit the info button and the flashing TP symbol stopped flashing. Then waited a while and hit info button again and TP started flashing again. Waited again and hit the info button and was able to turn off flashing TP.

Mystery solved.

Thanks much,
GR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts