BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving home yesterday and was along side a truck when I heard a big pop right when the truck started hitting his breaks. I thought it was him not me...boy was I wrong.....after hearing a thonk thonk sound I pulled over and discovered the whole it ripped right through the rim. I don't know what it is, but once I get the tire off I will see. The hole is a little bigger then a quarter....

Attachments

Reactions: M5 Authority

·
Registered
93 Posts
That sucks, sorry man. What are the odds a bolt (or whatever that is) goes through the tire and rim???

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Jeez, nasty. Stuff like that can throw you off the road though, so good to know you're OK :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn, even the inside of your rim is squeaky clean. Very nice job man.

Sucks for the rim though, did it damage anything underneath your car?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
WTF!? I swear nothing good ever happens when driving next to any kind of a truck. Sorry to see the damage...let us know how you make out with the wheel and tire...GL!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I once picked up a railroad spike...but that was through a tractor tire!

I've seen punctures, shreds, even body/undercarriage damage...never through a rim though.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
What kind of rim are you running? I noticed it isn't e39 oem.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Never saw a punctured wheel! WTF! Must be lightweight wheels? Let us know what that thing is...

Reactions: mattmartindrift

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Holy crap! Never seen that before. Please keep us updated on what it was!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I talked with the wheel repair shop in this area and it is looking like it will be cheaper to just buy a new one. The only reason I was looking for repair was to have a spare but it is not looking that way...going to take the tire off today.... but it is looking like a bolt of some kind.... Also it is an M6 rim and I do wash the inside of the rim every time I wash the car....now the hunt is for a new set of tires....

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
impressive!!!!

also, check your brake caliper for damage while you've got the wheel off. if it went through the wheel like that, chances are it hit something in the wheel well, too.

·
Registered
832 Posts
That's crazy! I've never seen something like that before and it's an OEM wheel. Glad you're safe though.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after four weeks I still do not have a new rim even though I paid for one. I went through Modbargains.com, on their website it states the wheel is in stock after going back and forth with them they finally tell me their "supplier does not have the wheel and they don't know when they will get one in...Upset is the kind way of saying how I feel. I do not recommend that anybody go with them. They will give you the run around forever.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So here is the update. I have not found a wheel replacement the only place that had one that was close was ModBargains.com and they just wasted 5 weeks of my time. Just a side note they are a gutter company I paid for the wheel because on there website it said it was in stock it still does and they don't have it. I asked them for a refund of my money. they have been BSing me with that to..had to call my bank and do a charge back. Back to the story I had to put my stock rims back on and remove the bolt that was stuck inside of the wheel. Here is the pic's of the bolt which is next to my cell phone. If any body has an extra 19x9.5 M6 rim setting around please let me know....Until then I am on stuck.....

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow, that's incredible. Was it an M6 replica wheel or OEM?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts