BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work. Pouring down with rain as usual and was coming to a bend at approximately 20mph. The bend is on the entrance to a farm were they keep horses. Anyway the road was slightly flooded. As I went round the bend I saw something yellow popping out of the water I thought it was horse sh1t because it was by the horses. That was until my front drivers side tyre hit it and it turned about to be a house brick. Can't believe it. Running over a house brick at 20mph certainly isn't advisable. Hopefully no damage was caused but knowing my luck it's gonna cost me.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Get the car up on a ramp and inspect the underneath. I'd keep an eye on the tracking (alignment) as well. Bad luck mate - could have been a lot worse!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to have a look underneath tomorrow what it's light. I need two new rear tyres so now really is a time to get everything looked at. Every cloud...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Andy-UK said:
I was driving home from work. Pouring down with rain as usual and was coming to a bend at approximately 20mph. The bend is on the entrance to a farm were they keep horses. Anyway the road was slightly flooded. As I went round the bend I saw something yellow popping out of the water I thought it was horse sh1t because it was by the horses. That was until my front drivers side tyre hit it and it turned about to be a house brick. Can't believe it. Running over a house brick at 20mph certainly isn't advisable. Hopefully no damage was caused but knowing my luck it's gonna cost me.

I feel bad for you but it sounds like you are alright..... a close inspection, a minor repair or two and you will be rolling again.

Relax.....I know it is only too easy for me to say this however I have been there ... besides the M5 is a pretty sturdy vehicle.

Take care.

Shadowman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts