BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
SalesOrgBuilder said:
Is there anybody around here who has highspeed experience (over 300km/h) with the M6. I have heard from a tuner they don´t open the speed limit fully because of the aerodynamik. Anyone with problems?
The speed limiter stopped me when reaching a speed of 270 km/h on the speedometer. That speed was no challange for the M6 at all! I got my speed limiter removed the other day, but I won't go for extremely high speeds before the car is broken in - only 800 km to go. Some tuners refrain from removing the speed limiter completely because the stock tires (Continental Sport Contact 2) are only approved up to 300 km/h. Since the P Zero Corsa tires are good for speeds up to 350 km/h, I don't think there will be any problems driving over 300 km/h if you bear the recommended tire pressure in mind. I am gonna write drown a final report when my M6 is broken in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Autobahnraser said:
The speed limiter stopped me when reaching a speed of 270 km/h on the speedometer. That speed was no challange for the M6 at all! I got my speed limiter removed the other day, but I won't go for extremely high speeds before the car is broken in - only 800 km to go. Some tuners refrain from removing the speed limiter completely because the stock tires (Continental Sport Contact 2) are only approved up to 300 km/h. Since the P Zero Corsa tires are good for speeds up to 350 km/h, I don't think there will be any problems driving over 300 km/h if you bear the recommended tire pressure in mind. I am gonna write drown a final report when my M6 is broken in.
Is your car total open or do you have an speedlimit 300km/h as sold from some tuners?

·
Registered
831 Posts
-I am getting my M6 delivered in Europe next year. If they do not offer the removal of the speed limiter as a factory option by then I would be grateful if you could let me konw where this can be done. I intend to run the car for a couple of thousand Km in Europe.
Also, I would be grateful of you could let me know some of your favourite roads for high speed running. When I lived in Europe I ran at about 265 on the Frankfurt-Darmstadt Autobahn about ten years ago on a Sunday morning, but the M6 is likely to be a bit faster...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ronan said:
-I am getting my M6 delivered in Europe next year. If they do not offer the removal of the speed limiter as a factory option by then I would be grateful if you could let me konw where this can be done. I intend to run the car for a couple of thousand Km in Europe.
Also, I would be grateful of you could let me know some of your favourite roads for high speed running. When I lived in Europe I ran at about 265 on the Frankfurt-Darmstadt Autobahn about ten years ago on a Sunday morning, but the M6 is likely to be a bit faster...
BMW only offers the M package for about 2.400,-- € which raises the speed limiter from 250 km/h to 305 km/h (on the speedometer, I guess).

This one is a reliable and very reasonable German tuner in the vicinity of Frankfurt: http://www.fn-automobil.de/

Frankfurt-Darmstadt (A5) is very good. My favorite is Frankfurt-Aschaffenburg (A3).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Autobahnraser said:
BMW only offers the M package for about 2.400,-- € which raises the speed limiter from 250 km/h to 305 km/h (on the speedometer, I guess).

This one is a reliable and very reasonable German tuner in the vicinity of Frankfurt: http://www.fn-automobil.de/

Frankfurt-Darmstadt (A5) is very good. My favorite is Frankfurt-Aschaffenburg (A3).
A VMax solution for the M6 with TÜV and a 2 year warranty you will find at www.gpower.de

·
Registered
831 Posts
Autobahnraser said:

Many thanks.. I look forward to trying Frankfurt-Aschaffenburg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts